Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

DVDXpress DX2

by lars_7485 / March 6, 2008 6:20 AM PST

I dont know where to start. I rcently purchased the DVDxpress DX2. Now I do have Windows Vista, and have read some bad things about this product and Vista. I installed the CD on my laptop and so far everything was good. I hooked all the cords up and opened the CapWiz. I got an error message which read "CAP2002: The USB driver for CapWiz currently installed is the wrong version and is not compatible. Would you like to exit CapWiz and start the Driver Update Utility which helps you fix this?" I click yes and I click on "Update driver" and another error message pops up. "Driver update failed." Please check power light and secure all cable connections on your DVD Xpress DX2." But everything is connected. I then go to ADS website and download the driver for Vista but that fixes nothing. Can anybody give me any suggestions? Please help. Any questions, just ask!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: DVDXpress DX2
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: DVDXpress DX2
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Seeing multiple posts like this I'm going to write.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 6, 2008 10:42 PM PST
In reply to: DVDXpress DX2

Pack it up and return as defective.

Collapse -
by elvecinopoli / March 14, 2008 7:34 PM PDT

lars_7485,i just bought the dvd xpress dx2 a day ago to convert vhs to dvd. i am a novice when it comes to computers.i too got the same message .i decided to click no on driver update and thought it was going to work when the interface came up.after starting up the vcr,the second i clicked preview i got a BSOD and a restart.after looking on google and seeing all the forums on how it crashes on vista and how the adstech site doesn't help, i found scroll down and find Download on 709 vista driver.exe . i saved it to my desktop.unzip has a vista x64 and vista x86(i didn't know x86 means 32-bit)an installation file and a remsvc entry.i still had capwiz and showbizdvd installed.i first opened the installation file and read it.the way i did it was to follow the directions.i didn't uninstall capwiz or showbiz.the only thing different that i did was instead of continueing to step 7 in the second set of instructions(clean install) i plugged in the usb detected new device and looked for and installed the new driver on its own.when you start capwiz it immediately starts the wizard.a few tense moments later i was previewing and then recording the first vhs tape.laptop,32vistahp,int graph,1gig,amd-55,no sound card,any? try2help

Collapse -
How to get dvdExpress dx2 to work on Windows 7
by grgvrb / May 1, 2010 12:09 PM PDT

I got my dvdexpress dx2 to work on windows 7. This will work for 32 bit windows 7. Not sure about X64. I contacted support and this is how they instructed me to do it. I was told to download the "709 Vista Candidate" driver first. You then plug in the dvdexpress dx2 via the usb cable. You will get a ballon popup saying your device did not install correctly. Leave the device plugged in and open up the device manager. look for Sound,Video Game controllers and you will see an exclamation mark. Click on it, then update driver, select file from computer and point it to the "709 Vista Candidate" and it will install the driver and it will work on Windows 7. Then you can install Cap Wiz software. I have copied many of my home movies to dvd in the past few days.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.