Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

dvd writer

by bigtonyt / February 11, 2004 9:36 AM PST

My DVD writer will not burn cd it keep telling me to insert blank disk. But I have a blank disk inside of my writer. It will read music a data cd and read DVD disk but no cd to make music cd do I have a conflict somewhere. I had some disk left over from my other cd burner that went on the haywire and I went to the liteon web site and it told me windows xp will use adapter no divers available any help will be gladly appreciate

Windows xp home
256m
120gb
80gb
Hp pavilion 7850
dvd writer lite-on ldw 411s

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: dvd writer
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: dvd writer
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:dvd writer
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 11, 2004 9:46 AM PST
In reply to: dvd writer

"and it told me windows xp will use adapter no divers available "

I had to install the recording software that came with my DVD drives. While the DVD/CD functions, recording might not without recording software.

Be aware that "drivers" are not available, since the recording function is not a driver issue, but SOFTWARE.

Bob

Collapse -
Re:Re:dvd writer
by bigtonyt / February 11, 2004 6:40 PM PST
In reply to: Re:dvd writer

wow thanks,,,,,,,,,, that was it now it working fine

Collapse -
"insert blank disk"
by lisette / November 15, 2005 7:33 AM PST
In reply to: Re:dvd writer

Hi Bob,
I have a Memup dual,plug and play,2 years old. Since 6 months, he wouldn't write on dvd-r, but had no problems with dvd-rw. I asked Sagem the nature of the problem and they answered me the thing was "unrepairable broken". Since a week now, he won't write on dvd-rw either (or +). The only thing he writes now or cd's -r or -rw (I can put a video on it but it's limited to 700 mb of course). When I insert a dvd- or + (rw), he says the same thing : insert a blank disk. Is there still hope for me?
Amd athlon 1300 ghz, 20 giga hard disk, xp professional (use the xp-program to burn because the software Nero express had a bug in it or something like that: my pc always crashed when i tried to use it)
Thanks for the help

Collapse -
Keep in mind...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 15, 2005 7:53 AM PST
In reply to: "insert blank disk"

That my post has a typographic error in it. If you want to record, you need recording software for DVDs. Your post didn't tell what you used.

I use CDBURNERXP a lot and it works with DVDRW of both types.

-> Unrepairable is quite true given that dual layer 16X drives are under 40 bucks from newegg.com. You can't get a tech cheap enough to fix this one.

Bob

Collapse -
insert blank disk
by lisette / November 15, 2005 4:02 PM PST
In reply to: Keep in mind...

The memup intern dvd writer (ide 1008) has cost me 149 euro in december 2003. I don't call that very cheap. But I will keep your suggestion in mind, and will try to install again special-recording software for dvd. Although it worked fine after I trew Nero out. The thing that really bugs me tough : when I insert a blank dvd, you are invited to choose an application : burn with media player, do nothing etc. He sees a blank dvd ! But when I try to burn, after choosing the divx-movie I want -} he asks me to insert a blank disk....and when I press annulation and go to the explorer, the E: has changed in cd-rom.
(maybe it's normal) And when I choose : burn with media player, you can only choose music..but he refuse to burn it : insert blank disk.
However I don't have a problem burning a divx-movie on a cd-r or rw. I will first try your suggestion, and let you know how it went.
Thanks.
Lisette

Collapse -
Nero
by TippmannA5 / November 15, 2005 7:57 AM PST
In reply to: dvd writer

Nero and Ashampoo make great DVD burning software.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.