TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

dvd no sound

by bigtonyt / January 4, 2004 12:52 AM PST

when i put a dvd movie in my dvd player i see the picture but no sound i no i have sound because the keyboard is making sounds when i right click on start hit the letter on the keys so i ts sound just not on the movie 2 fast 2 furious Can some tell me what I?m doing wrong I brought a DVD+- writer I set it up everything so far so good the soft ware that came with the DVD was power DVD and sonic my DVD.
I brought interview DVD copy correct me if I' m wrong is DVD decoder the software and why is interaction player telling me that its not load it on my system this it the report it gave me.

Decoder Provider: ,
Decoder Type: DivX AntiFreeze Filter
Decoder Name: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DIVXAF.AX
Decoder Version: 0.4
Decoder Driver Date: December 15, 2002, 05:01 AM
Navigator Name: DirectShow
Navigator Version: 1
Is DVD Device Found: Yes

Ok lets solve this problem first and I ask my next question when we hit this one right on the head and yes I have been to the web site troubleshooting no help look at the users manual no help
windows me 120gb 80 gb 256 m

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: dvd no sound
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: dvd no sound
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Re:dvd no sound
by Art / January 4, 2004 2:36 AM PST
In reply to: dvd no sound

Is this a dvd to dvd copy using intervideo "dvd copy"?

Collapse -
Re:Re:dvd no sound
by bigtonyt / January 4, 2004 3:34 AM PST
In reply to: Re:dvd no sound

no i just have the dvd write combo and my other is a cd rom do i need to go buy a dvd rom drive

Collapse -
You have the hardware.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 4, 2004 5:09 AM PST
In reply to: Re:Re:dvd no sound

But that DivX AntiFreeze Filter is a dead gimme that someone was installing DivX and what other CODECs and DivX players on the machine.

In short, the machine is likely corrupt in ways I can't begin to imagine. Is there a way back to before Divx and all that?

PowerDVD will play those DVDs you get at BlockBuster, Wallmart and so on. If you are trying to play ripped-off DVD or pirated material, then please don't ask for help on that here. It's outside of the rules you can read at http://reviews.cnet.com/4002-7600_7-5082963.html

Bob

Collapse -
Re:You have the hardware.
by bigtonyt / January 4, 2004 5:39 AM PST
In reply to: You have the hardware.

no these are real movies i brought from the store i kinda wonder did i need all thoes playes on my computer so i will delete them and just put dvd copy on

Collapse -
It's outside a supportable position.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 4, 2004 8:16 AM PST

"kinda wonder did i need all thoes playes on my computer so i will delete them and just put dvd copy on"

All this "stuff" of "dvd copy", divx, divx players have gummed up the works. I really wish I could offer you some dranoPlus to blow it all off since I play DVDs all the time with just any old DVD drive and PowerDVD (the bundle...) And even with the DVD writers, they play the DVDs just fine.

Please don't get upset with me over the state of affairs, but all this dvd/divx stuff has done something to the machine. More hardware isn't the answer, but what is the answer may be difficult with all that installed.

Bob

Collapse -
Re:Re:You have the hardware.
by Art / January 4, 2004 8:32 AM PST

I am a bit confused as to what your question is. Are you asking why there are no sound when you played a store bought dvd on your dvd burner? and you are using "power dvd"?

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:dvd no sound
by Art / January 4, 2004 8:23 AM PST
In reply to: Re:Re:dvd no sound

I don't have a dvd writer so I am not a 100% sure but my guess is that the writter should be able to play dvd disk ok.

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:Re:dvd no sound
by bigtonyt / January 4, 2004 10:36 AM PST
In reply to: Re:Re:Re:dvd no sound

Ok I fix the problem with the no sound I delete all the players and kept DVD copy and power DVD. use reg cleaner to get rid of the garbage that was left put the cd in and I have sound?

one more question so you are telling me that if was to take a dvd move and just burn the movie part and leave the rest i am violating the copy right law

Collapse -
This is not a legal forum or rather...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 4, 2004 11:14 AM PST

That's up to you to decide. The forum policies here are quite clear and we all know what country this forum is hosted in, so its best to concentrate on problems with hardware and software rather than go near any piracy issues.

If you want, call the RIAA and MPAA and ask them? (Just kidding.)

But your solution is pretty much what I suspected. I'm glad you were able to clean it out and move forward.

Best of continued luck,

Bob

Collapse -
Re:Re:Re:Re:Re:dvd no sound
by Art / January 4, 2004 1:20 PM PST

I don't know whether making a copy of your own dvd is consider illegal or fair use is just opinion. I don't believe it has been tested yet (or has it?). Needless to say, cnet just don't want to tango with the RIAA & MPAA so we just can't talk about it.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Forums

Looking for tech help?

Whether you’re looking for dependable tech advice or offering helpful tricks, join the conversation in our forums.