And when. And why.
I fixed it myself, and you should learn how I did it!
1. I noticed that when I pressed the open button on the dvd drive tray with the power on, it would not open.
2. This is a question that your support people should ask.
If the tray does not open, it means the drive is NOT getting any power.
3. I removed the power and battery and unscrewed the mounting screw on the back that holds the drive in the laptop.
4. I pulled out the drive and saw that the bracket on the end of the drive was bent! The drive was not plugged in reliably!
5. I straightened the bracket and reinstalled the drive.
6. It now works perfectly!