Windows 7 forum

General discussion

DVD Burner Software that works with Window-7

by kdasgupta / June 9, 2009 12:58 AM PDT

Please suggest me a DVD Burning software that works with Window-7 (RC). Thanks.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: DVD Burner Software that works with Window-7
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: DVD Burner Software that works with Window-7
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Windows 7...
by John.Wilkinson / June 9, 2009 1:05 AM PDT

Windows 7, like Windows Vista, includes the ability to burn DVDs natively, without third-party software. Just insert a recordable DVD and drag-and-drop or copy-and-paste files to it, then click the Burn to Disc button when ready.

Hope this helps,
John

Collapse -
(NT) but will it do isos?
by Steven Haninger / June 9, 2009 1:36 AM PDT
In reply to: Windows 7...
Collapse -
YES!
by John.Wilkinson / June 9, 2009 2:39 AM PDT
In reply to: but will it do isos?

In fact, Windows 7 adds the ability to burn ISOs natively...just double-click one and the ISO-burning wizard launches automatically. Happy

John

Collapse -
DVD Burner Software that works with Window-7
by kdasgupta / June 9, 2009 2:01 AM PDT

John, Thanks.

Collapse -
How do I burn at 20x???
by nuentes / June 11, 2009 12:39 AM PDT

I have a burner that is certified at 20x for DVDs. I burned several discs yesterday, and Windows Explorer told me 16x was the max for that drive. Is there a separate program I need to use in order to be able to overclock the burning, to reach the drives full potential?

Thanks!

Collapse -
Don't hijack.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 11, 2009 2:54 AM PDT

This is kdasgupta's discsussion so start a new discussion if you want to start a new topic.

Collapse -
Didn't think I was hijacking...
by nuentes / June 11, 2009 3:42 AM PDT
In reply to: Don't hijack.

I too, am looking for DVD burning software. Seemed like a related question... albeit just slightly more specific.

Plus, it seemed like the discussion had mostly been resolved... so if I WAS hijacking, it was like hijacking a plane that had already landed...

Regardless, sorry kdasgupta

Collapse -
There is a second issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 11, 2009 5:07 AM PDT

Your posts will land on another page and be buried.

Just start your own new post to avoid this and the other issues.
Bob

Collapse -
You do not...
by John.Wilkinson / June 11, 2009 5:05 AM PDT

That is a hardware limitation, not a software limitation, and it is not as simple as overclocking a CPU. Rather, you would need to find or develop your own firmware for that specific model of optical drive and live with an early demise of the drive. On the other hand, a new drive can be found for $20.

John

Collapse -
But Windows 7 native DVD burner messed up the A/V mix
by whitemj3 / May 23, 2010 2:34 AM PDT

I tried using the Windows DVD Maker software native to the Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OS and it totally screwed up the audio/video timing on my longer movie files.

I had created mpg files from home movies using ShowBiz DVD 2. I created 3 movies, 1st is 2min long of video only, 2nd is 7min long of video only, and 3rd is 45min long of video and stills mixed with music. The mpg files play fine on multiple PCs of Windows 7 and XP.

When I use Windows DVD Maker to burn them on a playable DVD, the two shorter movies seem okay, but the longer movie quickly loses sync between the audio and video. The sync gets gradually worse and ends about 20sec out of sync.

Any suggestions?

Collapse -
I'd try DVD FLICK next.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 23, 2010 2:49 AM PDT

There are discussion forums flooded with lip sync and sync discussions. Forgive me as I avoid that discussion.
Bob

Collapse -
Just titles.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 9, 2009 1:47 AM PDT
Collapse -
These seem to work still.
by kdasgupta / June 9, 2009 1:58 AM PDT
In reply to: Just titles.

Thanks.

Collapse -
Native is nice.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 9, 2009 5:45 AM PDT

But over the years I've seen Microsoft loose interest in the native burning support or it fails later never to reveal why it did. These titles are items I've used many times and when I did my Windows 7 RC testing you bet I reached for the familiar titles.
Bob

Collapse -
any that works with vista
by ramarc / June 10, 2009 9:45 AM PDT

i use the "ancient" nero 7.

Collapse -
dvd burner
by stokefudge / March 20, 2010 6:29 PM PDT

please could you tell which dvd burner to download for windows 7 that is 100% free, many thxs

Collapse -
: DVD Burner Software that works with Window-7
by beejayaus7 / May 23, 2010 9:41 AM PDT

I use DVDFAB on Windows 7 and have had no trouble at all.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.