Computer Help forum

Question

Duplicate File Finder ??

by Airbander / September 29, 2013 9:09 AM PDT

Hello

recently 2 of my hard drives had issue so i replace them
but to properly recover everything i had to use 4 different software in time of One week and i think i was able to recover about 98% of data

However the whole process become little messay between backup and recover software and manualy move files for days after days

Now i have so many duplicate files and folder we talking about 2 TB +

Does anyone know any good Paid or None paid software that can compare and find duplicate files and folders and then delete duplicate copy and keep only one

Duplicate File & folder Finder with GUI non script none comand line would be very help full

Thanks in advance

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Duplicate File Finder ??
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Duplicate File Finder ??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Something's a miss here.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 29, 2013 9:12 AM PDT

Given we all have backups, what is this about about weeks to recover? Wouldn't we have what we can't lose on backups?

About duplicate file finders. There are far too many but sometimes folk want the app to do this automatically which almost always ends in tragedy.
Bob

Collapse -
Free tools
by sarahwilliams25 / April 10, 2014 8:09 AM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
DuplicateFilesDeleter
by simon6712 / January 30, 2014 7:21 PM PST

hi, you may try DuplicateFilesDeleter to remove your duplicate files, it works very well and remove duplicate files quickly.

Collapse -
Answer
Duplicate file remover
by nijma16 / February 13, 2014 10:27 PM PST

Hi, like yourself Iam looking for a good dupes finjder/deleter. I just found one which sounds good with even 10 days free trial Directory Report $25, i have yet to actually use it but good reviews, Meanwhile, whilst I was trying to read more about these prog I came across your question. Indeed this comment is in fact a question to you. As you had problemd with your hard drives and spent so much time to recover data, may I ask your help with recovering my own Hard drive datqa,. I cannt boot my computer so I am trying to read hard disk by attaching to another computer via USB, still unable to see actual data info in windows explorer and I cannt use backup to an external hard drive. I know hard disk is physically ok and data is there as seen it when I tried to run recovery using the recovery CD, but this is still unable to boot or recover computer! any help would be highly appreciated.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.