Windows 7

Tip

Driver causing crash

by fourfish / January 16, 2012 11:55 AM PST

hi there ,my pc has been crashing ,the prog whocrashed says it is a dll file called ULCDRHLP driver file version 1.0.1.10 ..

i updated my LG DVD drives , and it has been a lot more stable ,although it did crash again caused by the ULCDRHLP driver file version 1.0.1.10 ..i. i have tried to get info regarding updating the dll but to no luck, could anbody help please . thanks

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Driver causing crash
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Driver causing crash
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Ulead CD/DVD Burning Engine
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 17, 2012 3:39 AM PST
In reply to: Driver causing crash

Try uninstalling any Ulead software and re-test.

Collapse -
dvd drives won`t work if i do that
by fourfish / January 17, 2012 9:57 AM PST

hi there thanks for your reply ,i`ve tried uninstalling the Ulead before and the result was my pc couldn`t see my dvd drives ,what i need is a replacement driver or one compatible with my set up

Collapse -
And we can fix that too.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 18, 2012 1:33 AM PST
Collapse -
i deleted the Ulead
by fourfish / January 18, 2012 11:40 AM PST

hi bob ,when i said in my last post i had unistalled the Ulead dll ,what i meant to say was i went into system 32 /drivers and cut it and put it on the desktop to see what happened and my dvd drives dissapeared so i put it back. anyway back to today, i went into control panal /services and disabled it then i went back when i felt brave and deleted it from control panal /services, the Ulead dll is still there i looked at its properties via controll panal / services and it says 0 kbs .then i went into system 32/ drivers and it is still there and it says its properties are 28 kb .how do i uninstall it or is it ok to leave it seen as though it is now disabled , by the way my dvd drives are working ok , i am on windows 7, thanks

Collapse -
crashed again
by fourfish / January 19, 2012 10:13 AM PST
In reply to: i deleted the Ulead

hi there ,the pc crashed again tonight .the whocrashed program says it was the Ulead file again .it is still in the system 32 drivers folder , but acording to control panal/services it is disabled. thanks. david

Collapse -
(NT) I would have removed it and then fixed the missing drive.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 19, 2012 10:15 AM PST
In reply to: crashed again
Collapse -
Re-install the ULEAD software then ...
by Edward ODaniel / January 24, 2012 2:39 PM PST
In reply to: crashed again

UNINSTALL it properly from the add / remove programs.

Now follow the instructions given in the link Bob already supplied.

Finally install some other CD / DVD burning software such as the free CDBurnerXP or a commercial version such as Nero or Roxio, or NTI, or Cyberlink'sw Power2Go (also offers a free Power2Go Essentials)

Should be back in business.

Collapse -
how do i uninstall the ULCDRHLP driver file version 1.0.1.10
by fourfish / January 26, 2012 3:40 AM PST

thanks for your reply .how do i uninstall the dll, ULCDRHLP driver file version 1.0.1.10 .it can`t be seen in add/remove progs. should i just delete it from the system 32 driver folder. thanks

Collapse -
As I said ...
by Edward ODaniel / January 27, 2012 12:45 AM PST
RE-INSTALL the Ulead CD/DVD Burning Engine software and after fully installing it to the same location it was originally installed in you need to UNINSTALL it from Add / Remove. That should take care of the orphans and registry entries made during the installation.

Don't get wrapped up in "the result was my pc couldn`t see my dvd drives" as that can be fixed (Bob even linked you to one fix in his second reply.

From what you have said in this thread you have been playing with
services and deleting and moving files rather than simply UNINSTALLING
the software. This approach is kind of like the guy who opens the hood of his care and sees a wire and some vacuum hoses he thinks he might not need so he yanks them out or moves them around - all sorts of strange things happen.
Collapse -
i don`t know how the ULCDRHLP driver got there in the first
by fourfish / January 27, 2012 3:11 PM PST
In reply to: As I said ...

thanks for your reply , i have never installed any Ulead CD/DVD Burning Engine software before , i don`t know how it got there , i have only ever had Nero .anyway i uninstalled nero ,then deleted the Ulead dll. then reinstalled nero , and every thing seems fine at the minute , there maybe registry entries sill belonging to Ulead i don`t know in my registry ,don`t know if that will cause any problems ? , by the way how did you know i fixed cars like that Mischief . thanks

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.