How To forum

Resolved Question

download URL. S

by MedicalDeviceSoftware / November 7, 2012 1:14 AM PST

Hi,
any example of URL where I can upload my product to have it downloaded by CNET server for publication and avoid the eternal problem(see details at the end).
Please just an example don't send me back to guidelines and policies,

Reason: There was a problem with the primary download URL. Submitted files are automatically uploaded to our servers, therefore we require download links that immediately initiate a file download.

Please re-submit your product information after these issues have been corrected.

For more on our submission guidelines and policies, please see our submission instructions: https://upload.cnet.com/4370-21_5-499-101.html

If you have any questions please check the upload.com knowledgebase:
https://cbsi.secure.force.com/CBSi/knowledgehome?referer=upload.cnet.com

MedicalDeviceSoftware has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: download URL. S
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: download URL. S
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by MedicalDeviceSoftware

Collapse -
Hi
by CNETSupport / November 7, 2012 3:25 AM PST
In reply to: download URL. S

I see that you submitted a support ticket about this issue, so I have sent you a personal response via email.

Regards,
Jen
CNET Support

Collapse -
<<< download links that immediately initiate a file download
by MedicalDeviceSoftware / November 7, 2012 10:12 AM PST
In reply to: Hi

Dear Jen,

Can any one help ? I have this problem for more than 2 months !

I posted my question to have human response and avoid automatic and non helpful response such as
<<< please report to our ...>>>.

1000s of publishers can respond to my question because they already figure out what mean
<<< download links that immediately initiate a file download.>>>

I " googled" for a helpful response (there are many with misunderstanding most are from Japan, Korea, Chinas... So may be it's a language related problem ?!

Is any one can help with a simple example rather than sending us back to the policies ...etc because

If we could understand the policies, It will not be a problem and you wasting your time reading my question or a server wasting energy with automatic responses

It will save us a lot of time if you give us just an example.

Best regards

Alf

Collapse -
Answer
Just so you know.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 7, 2012 1:22 AM PST
In reply to: download URL. S

I alerted your post so that our good forum friends can point you in the right direction.
Bob

Collapse -
why do I read this ???
by jumbastic / January 17, 2013 6:27 PM PST
In reply to: Just so you know.

100.000 other cnet users are interested in the answer to this question. Of course we expect an answer when we read the hole site and even cnet support staff answers. A personal response to the customer who asked the question doesn't help here. Post the answer for everyone here or shut down and delete the question with all answers.

Collapse -
Why do I ...
by MedicalDeviceSoftware / January 17, 2013 9:51 PM PST
In reply to: why do I read this ???

Bob intervention helped me to get more e-mail from the support. But as Dr Lapalice said
"You can't give what you don't have"

The support couldn't give the information him self didn't have (he couldn't explain what he didn't understood). But his e-mail was helpful and gave me directions (grateful to the support team !!! )

finally the solution was so simple I was embraced to share it with you !
Now I'm writing and hiding my face behind the screen from my webcam .

Solution:
<<<
download links that immediately initiate a file download.>>>
mean : your URL link where your file "file.zip" is stored. CNET server will use it to download "file.zip". No things after the file name since it may be interpreted by the server ....

Example: www.YourURL.com\.....\file.zip

Sorry, I didn't share the result of Bob activation !

Collapse -
great answer
by jumbastic / January 18, 2013 9:29 AM PST
In reply to: Why do I ...

Thank you so much for your great answer and sharing. Great timing too. Cnet should hire guys like you, then this site would be much better.

Collapse -
My post is not what it seems.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 18, 2013 12:32 AM PST
In reply to: why do I read this ???

Sorry but I'll explain it. I noticed this post languishing so I sent up an alert so those that might have an answer would post it.

If you want I can remove my note about what I did.
Bob

Collapse -
Thank you
by jumbastic / January 18, 2013 9:37 AM PST

welldone R.Proffitt, that really helped us here Blush

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.