Deals forum

Resolved Question

Does ZBiddy really work as it says it does?

by wildlife721 / August 22, 2012 11:47 AM PDT

Before I join I'd like to know if ZBiddy causes a lot of unwanted emails from third party companies and other offers/phone calls/telemarketers, etc.; or can you just use the site without opening the door to a flood of unwanted attention? Do items really go for such bargains as they say?

wildlife721 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Does ZBiddy really work as it says it does?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Does ZBiddy really work as it says it does?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by wildlife721

Collapse -
Dont think its ligit
by grandpoopaa / November 12, 2012 11:00 PM PST
Confused I joined ZBiddy about a month and a half ago. They sale the same items over and over. I think they either have ringers upping the bids or some people are just not too savvy when it comes to an auction. I just watched a $25 gift card for Olive garden go for $22.82 plus a $2.19 shipping charge. Now this just doesn't make sense to me. First you have to buy the bids then bid on the item. How in the world can someone pay more for the item plus use the bids that they purchased and think they are ahead? They do change the items sometimes. They may take one gift card off and put another on. All in all I think this site is a big ripoff. I know a lot of the bidders are using the site to get things cheap to resell but at the prices the auctions are going for, I can't see how they would make any money. Of course not all of the bidders are that smart. I don't think they take into account that they have to pay a shipping charge even though some of the items are emailed to you. I thought maybe I could get some things at a nice discount but it seems that is not going to happen anytime soon. I think more and more auctions are going either close to what the item is worth or more than the item is worth if you take into account the shipping charge and the cost of the bids. BIG RIPOFF and NOT TO SAVVY BIDDERS.
Collapse -
Response to Post
by wildlife721 / November 13, 2012 2:25 PM PST
In reply to: Dont think its ligit

I had a feeling it wouldn't work as well as promised. I appreciate your going into such detail. Sorry it wasn't worth it for you. Thanks for saving me the trouble!

Collapse -
Mega Dittos to......everything that grandpoopaa said.
by Sasquatch1000 / February 19, 2013 12:44 PM PST
In reply to: Dont think its ligit

...everything that grandpoopaa said.

This is a cash cow for the zbiddy people but you can make it work for you if you do the math and don't allow bidding to be influenced by your emotions or ego.

You can easily purchase bids for less that 3¢ each by bidding wisely on bid vouchers. Be sure to take into account the $2.50 'shipping' charge.

Do not get sucked into using EZ-Buddy (their automated bidding) It is programmed to burn up your bids and drive the auction price up. If you see more than two people that are using EZ-Buddy on an auction, DO NOT BID because the auction can not end until all of the EZ-Buddy bids have been used up.

There are probably a dozen Zbiddy users (I call them 'Zbiddy pinheads') that will not hesitate to burn hundreds of bids to bid an auction upside down. I don't know if they're that stupid or if it is just an ego thing but I've seen pinheads bid an item right up to face value! If you do the math that's auction price + $2.49 (Delivery cost) + at least $4.00 worth of bids.
I just saw a $10 Subway gift card close at $9.09
According to Zbiddy, they saved 9.1% off of MSRP but If you do the math, that's auction price + $2.49 (Delivery cost) + at least $4.00 worth of bids so they just paid $15.57 for a $10 card. WTF!

I have a list of Zbiddy pinheads and when I see any of them bidding on an auction, I won't waste my time or money bidding against them. Just watch an item for a couple auctions to see what the closing price is and if it closing at a high price, take note of the winning bidder's name.

That is the other thing...those auctions bid up at less than $10/hour so an iPad that usually closes between $200-$400 dollars would require that you spend at least 20 hours staring at a computer bidding in the hopes that you 'might' win it. In that amount of time, I can earn the money to go down to the Apple store and buy one.

Finally, 99% of bids entered with more than than 2 seconds left on the clock are wasted bids. Those are the people that are paying for the items and making the huge profits for Zbiddy.

Collapse -
Response to Sasquatch1000
by wildlife721 / February 20, 2013 1:19 PM PST

Thanks for the precise explanation of how the site works. It's much appreciated, as I really had no idea and was hoping to find out what I did before getting sucked into it. Both you and grandpoopaa have saved me much hassle--and money. I'm so glad I thought to post this before blindly stumbling into that site. Much obliged! Grin

Collapse -
looks like some people disagree
by cata546 / March 27, 2013 8:10 PM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
Grate site to get ripped off from!
by wfm3838 / July 4, 2013 9:21 AM PDT

This auction site offers limited items and has a support staff that doesn't even understand how the program works. They misappropriate your wins to the improper category leaving you with the inability to utilize your bids, which expire with in 60 days. The vacation vouchers cost more to use them than you could get if you didn't have them as well as being very restrictive in there use. They only allocate the value of .01 cent per bid unlike other auction sites that allocate the value of .60 cents as zbiddy claims there bids cost or advertise they are worth on there auction site. When dealing with there support staff it sounds like you are talking to someone in a foreign country reading a scripted response. The support staff claims they will respond to your request with in 48 to 72 hours, I have been waiting over 30 days to several of my inquires and the products that I have won. They claim they will send your products within 7-10 days, I have been waiting for more than three weeks and still have not yet received mine. I have been on several other sites and this one is by far the worst site I have ever had the displeasure to do business with. They have charged items to my credit cards that I have never ordered and when confronted they try to offer you items that have little or no value, and are more trouble to use than they are worth. Stay as far away from this site as you can to avoid being burned, spread the word!

Collapse -
Hotel Cash Card
by thevisitor967 / August 8, 2013 4:38 AM PDT

In addition to what wim3838 wrote, I just wanted to add: DO NOT BID ON THE HOTEL OR VACATION CASH CARDS AT ZBIDDY!!! Whoever is operating those cash cards is a scam artist. After waiting a month for my rebate, I finally contacted them about it. They told me that they had no record of my hotel reservation in their system, which is a bunch of baloney because I was charged for it on my credit card statement. To make a long story short, I never got my rebate. Again, do not bid on the hotel or vacation cash cards at biddy!

Collapse -
Response to thevisitor967
by wildlife721 / August 8, 2013 6:29 AM PDT
In reply to: Hotel Cash Card

Thanks--I won't!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.