Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Does this mean that

by Steven Haninger / February 14, 2013 6:03 AM PST

Warren Buffett owns control of John Kerry's future?

Buffett buys Heinz

Since Warren is so anxious to pay more in taxes, maybe he can donate all profits from Heinz earnings to help pay down the national debt.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Does this mean that
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Does this mean that
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
RE: maybe he can donate all profits from Heinz earnings to
by JP Bill / February 14, 2013 11:43 AM PST
In reply to: Does this mean that
maybe he can donate all profits from Heinz earnings to help pay down the national debt.

Didn't you Poo, Poo that suggestion when Buffet made it?

What about the poor stockholders that just made 20% overnight? You don't want to listen to their crying....
Collapse -
You think you found another "gotcha"?
by Steven Haninger / February 14, 2013 6:10 PM PST

You've really had a good day, haven't you. That's wonderful. Happy

Collapse -
RE: That's wonderful.
by JP Bill / February 14, 2013 7:48 PM PST

I'm loving it...just like you're loving your day... Happy

I can put smiley faces also.

Collapse -
Oh goody!
by James Denison / February 14, 2013 11:46 PM PST

I hope you were a stockholder!

Collapse -
If I remember correctly
by TONI H / February 14, 2013 7:40 PM PST
In reply to: Does this mean that

Kerry made the announcement that wasn't covered much by the MSM that he would 'sell off' some of 'his' assets if he was confirmed in order to not have a conflict of interest in supporting anything to do with 'big business' later on. You don't get much bigger than Heinz......Wonder how his wife felt about 'her' inheritance being sacrificed? Maybe they both thought it would be a good idea to dump it quickly now that those corporate taxes have increased, payroll health insurance for all those employees was going to kick them in the a$$, and now BO wants to remove all those 'nasty' loopholes. After all, doing the math and staying in business is 'hard work' and Kerry hasn't had do much of either for a long time.

Collapse -
Can't fault John Kerry
by Steven Haninger / February 14, 2013 7:45 PM PST

He married into big money so his wealth isn't his own doing. It's only if you set out to create your own wealth that are you a villain.

Collapse -
RE:He married into big money
by JP Bill / February 14, 2013 8:15 PM PST
In reply to: Can't fault John Kerry
He married into big money so his wealth isn't his own doing.

Sure it is...If he wasn't there, he wouldn't have any of their wealth.

Kerry is the wealthiest U.S. Senator. Kerry is wealthy in his own name, and is the beneficiary of at least four trusts inherited from Forbes family members, including his mother, who died in 2002. Forbes magazine (a major business magazine named for an unrelated Forbes family) estimated that if elected, Kerry would have been the third-richest U.S. President in history when adjusted for inflation.[17] This assessment was based on the couple's combined assets, but Kerry and Heinz signed a prenuptial agreement that keeps their assets separate.[18] Kerry's financial disclosure form for 2011 put his personal assets in the range of $230,000,000 to $320,000,000.[19]

Don't be so judgmental.
Collapse -
Great find!
by Steven Haninger / February 14, 2013 8:52 PM PST

So he has even more money that he didn't earn on his own. What a great way to make a living.

Collapse -
RE:Great find!
by JP Bill / February 14, 2013 10:43 PM PST
In reply to: Great find!

BANG!!!!

Collapse -
was that a threat
by James Denison / February 14, 2013 11:48 PM PST
In reply to: RE:Great find!

...against our new SOS?

Collapse -
Romney did it all wrong, didn't he..
by Steven Haninger / February 14, 2013 11:51 PM PST
In reply to: RE:Great find!

He had an opportunity to live a life of leisure without lifting a finger. Instead he chose to give away his inheritance and go to work for himself...and, thereby take money from other people and hide it off-shore. He'd have been thought of better had he sat on his hands, sipped Perrier and kept out of sight. Instead, he chose a path to evil when he struck out on his own.

See how easy it is to make up a twisted and inane story? I'm willing to bet, however, that some would bleat their approval of it.

Collapse -
(NT) Do I smell a hint of envy?
by JP Bill / February 15, 2013 12:00 AM PST
Collapse -
Great straight line!
by Steven Haninger / February 15, 2013 12:06 AM PST

So many ways to go with it.

Thanks for the challenge to avoid temptation. I needed one.

Collapse -
No, that's a hint
by James Denison / February 15, 2013 5:39 AM PST

it's time for you to get off the pot.

Collapse -
Get off the pot?
by JP Bill / February 15, 2013 11:18 AM PST
In reply to: No, that's a hint

Why, do you want to dig in?

Collapse -
Wonder how his wife felt about 'her' inheritance being sacri
by JP Bill / February 14, 2013 8:20 PM PST

Wonder how his wife felt about 'her' inheritance being sacrificed?

Kerry is the wealthiest U.S. Senator. Kerry is wealthy in his own name, and is the beneficiary of at least four trusts inherited from Forbes family members, including his mother, who died in 2002. Forbes magazine (a major business magazine named for an unrelated Forbes family) estimated that if elected, Kerry would have been the third-richest U.S. President in history when adjusted for inflation.[17] This assessment was based on the couple's combined assets, but Kerry and Heinz signed a prenuptial agreement that keeps their assets separate.[18] Kerry's financial disclosure form for 2011 put his personal assets in the range of $230,000,000 to $320,000,000.[19]

Collapse -
So HER inheritance was sacrified
by TONI H / February 14, 2013 9:26 PM PST

so there would be no conflict of interest. Isn't that what I said? I wonder how she really felt about that.

Collapse -
RE: Isn't that what I said?
by JP Bill / February 14, 2013 10:37 PM PST

You repeated what you said.

...My link shows something different.

You consider getting $28 BILLION for something a "sacrifice"?

Are you OK?

Collapse -
RE: so there would be no conflict of interest.
by JP Bill / February 14, 2013 10:40 PM PST

There could never be a conflict of interest

Kerry and Heinz signed a prenuptial agreement that keeps their assets separate[/iI

I wonder how she really felt about that.

Become an heiress to a multi-billion dollar empire and find out.

Collapse -
Of COURSE
by TONI H / February 15, 2013 7:19 AM PST

there would be a conflict of interest, you idiot. If he openly supported anything to do with big business, his wife (and by osmosis and bank accounts sharing, HE) could and probably would benefit. So far, there hasn't been ANYTHING ELSE that HE has sold off like he said he was going to.

Collapse -
Again with "the idiot"
by JP Bill / February 15, 2013 11:27 AM PST
In reply to: Of COURSE

You do realize you're carrying on a discussion "with an idiot". Perhaps you're too stupid to think that far ahead.

NOW I'll respond.

there would be a conflict of interest,

Kerry and Heinz signed a prenuptial agreement that keeps their assets separate

Kerry has as much of a conflict of interest with HER money as I do with her money/businesses. Assets...separate...2 words...I can't make it any simpler, for a simpleton.

2 words are too many?

I'll try it with one word

Separate

Forming or viewed as a unit apart or by itself: "two separate issues".

adjective. detached - distinct - individual - discrete

Collapse -
So you admit that you're an idiot
by TONI H / February 15, 2013 12:25 PM PST
In reply to: Again with "the idiot"

And although I'll concede that I waste my time responding to you, I'm not stupid by any means of the imagination. If you own something that I also enjoy the assets/profits from, and I make political decisions that will affect your business, does it not also affect me? Wouldn't that even a little bit influence my decision making?

Collapse -
RE: I'll concede that I waste my time responding to you
by JP Bill / February 15, 2013 12:56 PM PST

No you don't, you have nothing else to do, IF you had anything else to do...you'd be doing it.

And you're having a discussion with an idiot...Yet you're the "smart one"?

Collapse -
RE:Wouldn't that even a little bit influence
by JP Bill / February 15, 2013 1:09 PM PST

Wouldn't that even a little bit influence my decision making?

You haven't heard?...When they go into politics...they put everything in a blind trust and their memory is scrubbed and they have no recollection of any financial dealings of any friends or relatives....(unless they are from Chicago associates)

Collapse -
(NT) PS excuse me for mentioning Chicago before you did
by JP Bill / February 15, 2013 1:13 PM PST
Collapse -
YO!....TONI....
by JP Bill / February 15, 2013 7:27 PM PST

RE: I'll concede that I waste my time responding to you

Been doing some research on definition of idiot, According to this we could be members of the same family tree.

An idiot, dolt, or dullard is a mentally deficient person, or someone who acts in a self-defeating or significantly counterproductive way.

Come here Sis..give me a hug.

Collapse -
No hugs...but perhaps some enlightenment
by TONI H / February 15, 2013 9:14 PM PST
In reply to: YO!....TONI....

Based on your definitions........and based on the fact that you just responded five times to my post....and based on the fact that you had an entire conversation with yourself in a seventeen minute period of time (proving you can't keep a train of thought going for long)....and then had to come back at 3:30 in the morning, about six hours later) to post again, obviously I got to you enough that you felt it necessary, since you obviously couldn't sleep because of this, to actually look up the definition of your 'illness'. And you're worried that I personally don't have anything to do?

Bye..........

Collapse -
I responded 5 times because
by JP Bill / February 15, 2013 9:32 PM PST

I didn't want to confuse you with 5 subjects in the same post.

When you go on the rampage it's not unusual to find every subject under the sun in there...none of which have any connection to the others.

then had to come back at 3:30 in the morning, about six hours later)

Let me "enlighten " you....It's 3:30 in the morning when it's 7:30 in the morning WHERE I LIVE...unlike you I don't live in Lala land (the OTHER California) The time stamp on posts are West Coast time...PST

BTW I get up a 6 am every morning...that would be 2 am in Cali.

6 hours sleep?...without waking up?...I can't remember the last time I slept for 6 hours straight.

Talk to you later, Hun.

Collapse -
what you both need
by James Denison / February 16, 2013 1:11 AM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.