Phones forum

Does the Blackberry Playbook work with Bluetooth Speakers?

by TheChoosenOne / November 1, 2011 5:05 AM PDT

Hi - I have a silly question... does the Blackberry Playbook work with bluetooth speakers (or anything other than another Blackberry device)? I would like to get one, however it seems that they are not "fully "baked" with functions that other tablets seem to be able to do.

Or should I just save my money and buy a Ipad?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Does the Blackberry Playbook work with Bluetooth Speakers?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Does the Blackberry Playbook work with Bluetooth Speakers?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Thanks... I guess I'll hold off then
by TheChoosenOne / November 2, 2011 2:13 AM PDT
In reply to: Not yet.

Do you own a playbook? if so - how do you like it?

Collapse -
We looked at it.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 2, 2011 3:02 AM PDT

Our office does WinMo, Windows, PalmOS, and now Android apps. We looked at the RIM offerings but were put off by market share and the onerous developer agreements.

Sorry. I'd get an iPad or other Android tablet today.

Collapse -
(NT) Thank-you!!
by TheChoosenOne / November 2, 2011 10:50 PM PDT
In reply to: We looked at it.
Collapse -
Thank you..
by sivaraj4035 / November 15, 2011 12:55 PM PST
In reply to: Thank-you!!

Thank u...!

Collapse -
by sivaraj4035 / November 15, 2011 12:57 PM PST
In reply to: Thank you..

Collapse -
dsb | hattehylde
by trevormisena / November 26, 2011 4:16 PM PST
In reply to: Not yet.

This is a great post.

Collapse -
Try both out
by BMcPeek / February 15, 2012 7:48 AM PST

This will work with OS2.0 for the PlayBook, which will be coming out in the next couple of days. If I was you I would try both out before you buy any. First off if you currently use a BlackBerry phone then I would say 100% go with the PlayBook. The bridge features of the two of them is amazing. Like using your Playbook to use the web, using your phones data plan with no extra charge for tethering. Using BBM, emails and everything else between both devices flawlessly. Not to mention the PlayBooks browser scores the second best out of any browser in HTML5, only beat by Google Chrome. It is also the only device that does full Flash and HTML5 the best in the business. With all the bad press BlackBerry has received, I'd do my own research and look into everything. Don't believe anything BGR say's unless you look into it your self.

Collapse -
Tried to connect to my bluetooth stereo
by fredp99 / March 9, 2012 11:07 AM PST
In reply to: Try both out

I am experiencing issues with my playbook and was going through a few blogs when I fell on your post. Wonder if my problems are related to a bluetooth connection.

Everything was fine with my device until I lost my bridge to my phone (9800 torch) some time at the end of last week or last weekend. I do not know what happened but I tried succesfully to connect the playbook to my bluetooth stereo last weekend. I thought then it was working very well (connection was perfect with the stereo).

However, trying to fix my bridge problem, I tried to sync with my desktop software on my computer. That was not connected neither! Prompted by the windows (it kept telling me it was not connecting), I reloaded the software. Very bas idea as I formatted my tablet! Lost everything on it (my files) and need to reconfigure everything. Not the end of the world but nevertheless very frustrating.

And after calling twice tech support, I still cant connect to my phone through the bridge.

I wonder if I could have created problems adding a second bluetooth device to the tablet. Seems odd but I dont understand what happened.

I also experienced browsing and apps problems last week, when they closing off on me abruptly.

Any ideas of what the cause may be?

I still need to figure out how to reconnect my bridge.

Collapse -
This old post is out of date.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 9, 2012 11:48 PM PST

I'd start a new discussion and will close this one shortly.

Collapse -
by nicholson06 / October 14, 2012 5:29 PM PDT

Yes, it does. Just like the Bluetooth keyboard, it does work with speakers too

Collapse -
Good to hear.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 15, 2012 1:43 AM PDT
In reply to: Yes!

This old discussion is now closed.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Coming soon

Get behind the wheel with Roadshow

Love cars? Climb into the driver's seat for the latest videos, reviews, shopping advice and picks by our editors delivered to your inbox every week.