Installing PageDefrag on Vista.
I have PageDefrag installed on my Windows Vista computer. It was a challenge to figure out what to do to get it to install but here is what worked.
1) Put the 3 PageDefrag install files in your root Directory aka c:\
2) Turn off the Account Control --- yes, I know that is probably not the best suggestion but you have to do it to install.
3) reboot your computer and log into your administrator account.
4) Install PageDefrag
5) Remember to turn your Accout Control back on
6) Reboot your computer and log back into your normal windows account
When you reboot the page defrag will run at the start up.
If you want to make any changes to PageDefrag or to uninstall you have to log back into your administrator account but you do not have to turn off your account control.