TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Does one exist - DVD Player with Random or Shuffle function

by michaelmclennan / June 14, 2010 9:03 PM PDT

Does anyone know of a CURRENT model player. preferably decent quality with lots of info on the screen that has a shuffle function.

I have been looking for so long now I have forgotten, but perhaps someone knows. I have found a few that were cheap and didn't last, and some ones not produced anymore.

Anybody.

Seems like manufactures don't think anyone uses a DVD player to listen to music!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Does one exist - DVD Player with Random or Shuffle function
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Does one exist - DVD Player with Random or Shuffle function
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
This will only get worse.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 14, 2010 11:54 PM PDT

The days of such media are numbered so if you find one, buy it.

Collapse -
shuffle or random on a dvd video player
by michaelmclennan / June 15, 2010 6:31 PM PDT

I note that some of the Sony's have Random.
But as I understand it the feature doesn't work for Audio!

Perhaps someone can confirm.

Collapse -
It does not work
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 15, 2010 11:05 PM PDT

I read your posts and somewhere you ask for random shuffle beyond the random shuffle they offered. You want 5 discs, random media pick then a random item from that media then repeat that.

For very simple reasons there is no such thing. I can only hope you won't lose more time looking for this.
Bob

Collapse -
random shuffle function on a DVD player
by michaelmclennan / June 18, 2010 8:20 PM PDT
In reply to: It does not work

I want to be able to stick a single cd/DVD into a DVD Player with 100 or more MP3's and I want it to play on shuffle. Default all players will simply play all the songs in their order.

Michael.

On a bit of a search I found that some sony's (out of production ?) have random on the remote, however reading on forum somewhere the person said it didn't work for mp3 files, only for video files.

Collapse -
It gets worse.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 19, 2010 1:00 AM PDT

As such devices fall more and more out of favor for iPods and other solutions if you find anything close you may want to buy the last one.
Bob

Collapse -
Why can't you just stream random mp3's to your stereo
by minimalist / June 19, 2010 1:23 AM PDT

and bypass the whole hassle of burning to DVD in the first place? If you use iTunes a 99 dollar Apple Airport express will do this simply (with the bonus of using an iPod Touch or iPhone as a remote if you have one). I believe other companies like logitech make solutions for Windows media player and Win Amp as well.

If you do find a DVD player that does what you want now, it may be the last of its kind so be aware that any mp3 DVD's you burn today may eventually be useless.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.