Peripherals forum

Question

Does it make sense to buy a monochrome laser & AIO inkjet?

by dlutter / April 24, 2011 5:03 AM PDT

I need to replace my 6 yr old printer because Dell does not provide Win7 drivers for it. I have been wanting to upgrade anyway, as the cost for cartridges for most of the printing I do was way too high.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Does it make sense to buy a monochrome laser & AIO inkjet?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Does it make sense to buy a monochrome laser & AIO inkjet?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
This would certainly make sense.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / April 24, 2011 5:10 AM PDT
Collapse -
Thank you for the link.
by dlutter / April 24, 2011 8:56 AM PDT

I tried to search the forum for an answer to my question prior to posting but obviously I missed that one. Thanks again.

Collapse -
Answer
Typically, IMO go with...
by Willy / April 24, 2011 10:54 PM PDT

If you have a clear understanding of your printing needs rather than desires, buy the printer(s) that best benefit you in the long run. IMHO, many don't need color for day-to-day printing especially in draft mode of simple text, that's where laser shine, plus being quick at it. Color is best for presentation or final output if needed. If you decide too heavily on cost alone, that may hinder you if your needs expand or want more than what's offered. Your wish for an AIO maybe better served by a plain color printer since what a AIO is more than printing alone, so decide which you want. I think w/o too much doubt having the mono-laser, even a cheap one would suffice for typical needs as your stated. Though, you may want to review toner costs.

Collapse -
There you go being logical again....
by dlutter / April 25, 2011 7:40 AM PDT

I started leaning toward not getting a color printer after I posted on Sun. Now on to checking toner costs! Thanks.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Forums

Looking for tech help?

Whether you’re looking for dependable tech advice or offering helpful tricks, join the conversation in our forums.