Phones forum

General discussion

by conruakc / April 5, 2007 3:46 PM PDT

People i just want to let you know Please do not buy phone from let's talk' I bought two phones from them under the contract for two years with cingular. As I fullfill my promise paying the bills on times and kept all records of the bills and purchasing ordres. In return let's talk promise me to giving me a Rebate of $200. As i submitted the first time, they giving me an excuse and want more information with the code #. I resent them all the informatiosn thaty requests that seconds them but after that I havne't heard anything from them. I have contract the company via website/ and also by phone but no luck! so please IF YOU TIHNK ABOUT BUYING A PHONE FROM THIS COMPANY AND EXPECT TO GET YOUR REBATE.. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: DO NOT BUY PHONE FROM LET'S TALK.COM
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: DO NOT BUY PHONE FROM LET'S TALK.COM
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Thanks for the heads up.
by 269terry1195 / April 6, 2007 12:48 AM PDT

Thanks for the heads up on this company. I will think twice before I buy anything from them.

Collapse -
uh oh!
by stingmom8 / April 10, 2007 11:28 AM PDT

I have used let's talk twice now and have not had any problems. However, this second time I am supposed to get rebates but they are directly from T-Mobile. I have yet to submit everything but am now worried.

Collapse -
letstalk site
by robynn88 / April 16, 2007 6:27 AM PDT
In reply to: uh oh!

I'm about to place an order and it doesn't require any rebate. Are there other consumers who have purchased phones thru this site? What is your experience with this site?
Please share.

Collapse -
lets talk site
by arachtop / April 17, 2007 4:41 AM PDT
In reply to: letstalk site

I've ordered 2 phones from them - about 2 years ago - no problems, prompt delivery, good service and no hassles gettin gthe promised rebates. I was about to order new phones through them now as the contract with cingular has expired and 'lets talk's' plan extensions seem better than cingular's

Collapse -
by landberry / April 22, 2007 8:51 AM PDT

I haven't experienced the mail in rebate issue, although I have purchased from them a couple of times. Recently I purchased two phones, and received a $200 instant discount taken off each phone at the time of purchase. I received two free phones, two free bluetooth headsets, and free shipping.

Collapse -
Lets Talk doesn't
by KentuckyBlue / November 13, 2008 4:36 AM PST

I tried to purchase a phone on the phone from these folks and when we got to the part where they wanted my acct. no. from my old phone, I told them I have a TracFone and there is no acct. no. I said I have a serial no., but he said that would not do. We were at the end of the order and I had told him every pertinent number, SS, driver's license, etc., but he said the order would be on hold until I could submit an acct. no. I got tired of listening to him and hung up. Within 10 min. a charge was made by them on my debit card. They said it would take from 7 to 30 days to credit my card.
No, I won't be buying anything from them. I just bought the same phone from another online seller.

Collapse -
letstalk rebate rip off
by crysames / December 11, 2008 9:21 AM PST

I am currently going through the same thing with them. I purchased my phone in May with the promise of a 50.00 rebate and when I check the status they tell me 2 to 3 weeks. It's been 7 months and today they tell me 12 to 16 weeks longer! They are trying to avoid payment in hopes you'll forget about it or lose your information copies.It's a scam tricking you into thinking your getting a good deal on phones through them but without that rebate you are'nt. I really regret doing business with them.

Collapse -
I too am getting screwed by
by songsmithm / April 20, 2007 5:32 AM PDT

I ordered 2 phones mid May 2006. Waited 4 months billing like the rebate stated, sent it in for my $100 and $150 rebates and............NADA. A year later, and everytime I call which has been 4 or 5 times, al I get is a run around, technical phone problems,leaving you on hold forever,please call back in an hour, or flat out(disconnected) hung up on.
They prove that rebates are generally a bunch of CRAP. They hope you forget and never send them in, or just string you along long enough that you just get weary and stop harrassing them for what you are legally entitled to.
My only consolation is KARMA. You get what you give.

Collapse -
Stay away from phoney deals on let's
by ckupsr / May 14, 2007 4:59 AM PDT

I had a similar experience with let's I placed an order to add a line to my existing account and convert to a family talk plan for Cingular on 5/3/07. They were offering the Sony Ericsson phone w810i for $229.99 minus an instant rebate of $180.00 and Cingular rebate of $100, totalling -$50.01, i.e. I was offered $50 after all rebates. After placing the order they sent me multiple emails requesting one information and after the other over a few days time. Even after supplying all the information, they still did not process the order, saying that Cingular was requiring a $150 deposit on my order. I have been a customer in good standing with Cingular for several years with no outstanding balance or any late payments. So, I called Cingular and and asked why they are asking for a deposit. I was told that they did not require any deposit from me to add another line. I called Let's talk and told them about my conversation with Cingular. So, then they agreed to proceed with the order after I gave the phone number and name of the Cingular representative I talked to. After a day or two again they emailed me with the same message saying that I need to pay a deposit of $150 that Cingular is asking to process the order. They even quoted some credit reporting agency which did my credit check. I ordered a credit report from the agency and found that Let's talk never ordered any report. My report came out clean as well. I have had a friend who had problem with their order through let's talk too. I called let's talk and cancelled my order. So, deal with this company at your own risk !

Collapse -
me 2!
by bubbaatthedisco / May 14, 2007 9:10 AM PDT

i also ordered from, and i bought 2 phones on a family plan for Cingular, 1 pink razr and 1 black razr, i got both of them pretty quick, considering it was a holiday weekend, but when i opened it, the pink razr was good but when i opened my black razr it wasnt even Cingular branded (the pink one was) it was an unlocked phone, it couldnt text either, but when i went to call out, tht was the worst, there was no sound and the mic didnt work, i was pissed, then we called Lets talk, and we (my sister and i) could not figure out how to return it, we called everybody, they were all in india and they did not understand what we were talking about.. after over a month of calling them & the better business Bureau we finally got it sent out, then another two weeks went buy and we finally got it back, they had the worst service center ever!!!! DO NOT BUT FROM THEM!! PAY $30 FOR A RAZR IF U WANT ONE, ITS WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY TO GET IT OFF OF CINGULAR/AT&T'S WEBSITE!!!

Collapse -
Let's Talk Follow Up
by landberry / May 14, 2007 11:34 AM PDT
In reply to: me 2!

As I said in my earlier post, I thought when I received my phones, all was well. For some reason Let's Talk said I couldn't keep my two old ATT phone numbers, even though I only wanted to migrate my service over to Cingular. Although I was on a family plan, they assigned me two new numbers with different area codes. I contacted them and they changed one of the numbers. When I checked the Cingular website I discovered I now had five phone lines on my account; my original two, the two new ones, and the one with the different area code. I ended up going to the Cingular store, where they had to wipe out the entire transaction and start the order over. It was a hassle but I ended up being able to keep my original phone numbers after all.

Collapse -
Let's Talk A RIP or WHAT?
by tonyaz / June 3, 2007 7:00 PM PDT
In reply to: Let's Talk Follow Up

I signed up for a free razor V3c and a 2 year T-Mobile Plan with 1000 anytime min.

Phone would be FREE (including shipping) and I would receive a $50 rebate.

Order on Thurs. May 31st and I got an email on Friday June 1st saying my credit was denied by T-Mobile and I should click the link in the email and choose one of those phones and plans.

Well the phone and plan for me to chose was the same one I ordered, so I called Let's Talk and without telling the sales person whom answered the phone that I click the link to see what was avail. he informed me that all I needed to do is place a new order using that link if you where denied credit.

Well folks, my fico is 755/725/700 and I could just by the phone out right but I find that these people are a joke.

I applied for my cell phone using my company EIN number and it's info to order this phone and I know that our DAB is 80+ more than enough to order over 50 phones if we need them.

Just for the record I am going to call them back on monday to ask them when did they look at my credit report (no inquires in 20+ days) and to explain why I can reorder the same package that they just said I did not qualify for....... this should be interesting ...... I let everyone know what happen but I think I will go straight to the wireless store and get my phone and service.

Collapse -
a heads up
by CeaIsHere3114 / June 4, 2007 11:17 AM PDT

if someone tells you this is slander no its not! slander is spoken, when in text or print its liable

Collapse -
let's talk-2nd response
by stingmom8 / June 28, 2007 1:23 PM PDT

In my last response, I qualified for rebates but had not submitted them yet. Well, I did submit for the rebates and received them...let's talk sent e-mail when the forms were received and being processed. I have since ordered accessories from them and received promptly with no problems.

Collapse -
by watersx12 / July 8, 2007 1:46 PM PDT

i ordered 4 Motorola razors from about 18 months ago. each phone cost me more than $150 but i was supposed to get $130 per phone back in rebates from (should be called i submitted the rebates more than a year ago and has managed to stall paying the rebates. in fact they have denied 3 of the 4 rebates. its taken me more than 1 year and i still do not have my money. i will press my case directly with the president if they have one. but regardless, do stay away from them. they are crooks!

Collapse -
Don't be tempted
by edieella / August 9, 2007 10:58 AM PDT

I bought 2 Treos from, but like everyone else I got the zillion emails asking for this or that, but they could not give reasons why they needed the information. After seeing this posting, I told them I knew their company was a scam, so they sent the phone with no more emails. Then, of course, they opened a new line for me instead of upgrading my existing line. I know the difference between an upgrade and new line, but nowhere on the website did it say that I would get a new line, AND the website asked what phone number I wanted the plan to go to (totally deceptive). After an hour on the phone with Sprint, I had to send the phone back and get refunded by Sprint. Sprint told me that third parties get a $20 commission every time they open a new line, so they'll use any sort of deception to get people to sign up. Sprint was totally cool about the whole thing, but it was a hassle and obviously not worth it, since now I have no new phone. I'm going to write a letter to Sprint to tell them about the scam, but I'm sure there are a number of companies that do this, and the new accounts they gain are worth the people they piss off.

Collapse -
by Cory Nelkin / August 12, 2007 12:58 AM PDT

Thanks for the advise

Collapse -
lets are liars!
by philip589 / June 24, 2008 7:24 AM PDT

in march of this year, i purchased 3 lines from lets talk thru tmobile. well because i had insufficient coverage in my area tmobile let me out of my contract and called lets talk for me. so on this conference call with a tmobile rep and a lets talk rep i was told that because the lines were activated they recieved their commission as well as i deactivated them before the 30 day guarantee... well everything was told that no issues were discovered and that everything was taken f. four months later my moms card was charged 750.00 for deactivation fees. first of all this card was used for verification only and no where in their terms and conditions does it state that it gives them permission to charge the card. so now the phones are gone so i cant return them (which on that lovely conference call i was told i didnt need to return them) and they will not own up to making a mistake. I have called in numerous times and i keep getting the run around... you would think that in four months if a product wasnt received that was supposed to be that one would recieve a letter, email or something stating that the phones were not yet received... but not this company... if anyone knows how i can go about disputing this please let me know!!! THANKS

Collapse - - never had problems
by MonkeyMom0406 / November 7, 2008 8:01 AM PST

We've had several contracts from, always for T-Mobile though, and NEVER had a problem. I got my rebates and everything.

When I read these posts here, it seems to be predominantly for Cingular contracts. Might that be the issue?

Collapse -
Let's Talk Faulty Phones!!!
by indiablue2 / November 12, 2008 12:59 PM PST

I purchased a Samsung Blast with a 2-yr T-Mobile contract through Let's Talk last year. I can't comment about the rebate (I forgot to send it in), but I can say I've had a great deal of trouble with my phone freezing up. Had I bought the phone directly from T-Mobile I could send it back for a new phone. Since I purchased it elsewhere, however, I'm stuck!!! Just something else to consider before purchasing from Let's Talk.

Collapse -
thanks for the fyi
by leoleann55 / November 15, 2008 11:06 PM PST

ill remember never buy from them

Collapse -
thanks for reminding.
by jamie628 / December 11, 2008 5:34 PM PST

thanks conruakc, for your kindly reminding us. recently i found a website named The phones from there are seemed to be great. a lot of chinese hiphones. the following one is my favorite:

I have been having eyes one them for months.They had great pages and lots of products. I`ve placed an order there and i was told the phone was shipped already. Hope i`ll get soon. I `l tell u guys what things goin.

Collapse -
One month, still no phone, and get a bill for my service
by jackblackjeet / January 12, 2009 11:42 AM PST

On December 11th, i decided i was done using prepay, the rates were about to go up, my phone was about unusable, text messaging charges were killing me. So i started researching phone companies. I was going to have to pay a hefty deposit at cingular and verizon, so i chose t-mobile as they have the flex pay plan which allows you to get a new phone without paying a deposit. Sweet deal, i started checking out their phones and fell in love with the Motozine ZN5, great now its time to check for the best price(t-mobile site, best buy, newegg, walmart, etc) Walmart was hands down the cheapest (should have been my first sign). So I started my order for the phone, free after instant discount, free 4gb microsd card, free 3 day shipping. Order went in no problem. Then i start getting these e-mails (more info needed), (deposit required)....what flexpay doesn't require a deposit. Then these jerkwads start putting authorization holds on the bank account i ordered with. Every time i call them i get put on hold for 30 min to an hour. Finally i get through to an account manager and get my account status to "ready to ship"....sweet, but every day the estimated ship date gets moved to the next day. Today (1/12/09) I get a bill in the mail saying its time to pay for the next months service. I call "" again spend about an hour on the phone saying they've had problems processing my payment, I 3-way in my bank which assures them their debit for my first month service and 149.99 has posted. Letstalk quickly puts my order back to Ready to ship status. A few hours later i check my order again to make sure it's still "ready to ship" and the status has been moved all the way back to "carrier approval". With T-mobile bill in hand i finally call t-mobile customer service. 1 ring and i'm talking to someone, they all were very concerned that i had not received my phone. They have credited my t-mobile account for the amount that i had paid for first month and said they will start my billing when my phone ships. Tomorrow i call back, if they still haven't shipped my phone i will cancel my order, cancel my check card that i used to open the account, and order direct from t-mobile.

Collapse -
by cbrabsonut / June 21, 2009 3:39 AM PDT

They also misrepresented that you could keep your old phone number and your old phone operational until the new phone arrives. Let's Talk automatically disconnected my Verizon service 4 days before my new phone arrived--nothing I could do. Helpless for 4 days.

Be warned---their "how to" is misleading and you will be without service for days if you port over your old number.

Collapse -
Don't buy from Let's Talk
by basketballlarry / June 28, 2009 9:46 AM PDT

Same thing happened to me. Rebates are Bogus

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Having Wi-Fi troubles?

From the garage to the basement, we blanketed every square inch of the CNET Smart Home with fast, reliable Wi-Fi.