Samsung forum

General discussion

DLP: Buzzing sound

by ChristianAverill / October 11, 2009 1:19 AM PDT

There's a buzzing sound that has gotten progressively worse. It used to happen only for a few moments after turning the set on. But now it continues for as long as the DLP is on and is getting very loud.

Can someone tell me how to resolve (Anthony are you out there?)

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: DLP: Buzzing sound
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: DLP: Buzzing sound
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
buzzing sound or bad bearings
by mdg003939 / October 11, 2009 2:06 AM PDT
In reply to: DLP: Buzzing sound

My DLP made a buzzing/humming sound that was the color wheel going out. I think there are only three moving parts in the DLP. Two cooling fans and the color wheel. If it is a humming/mechanical sound, it would be one of the three. If it is a buzzing/electrical sound, well then I'm no help at all. Haha

Collapse -
RE: buzzing sound or bad bearings
by ChristianAverill / October 11, 2009 6:47 AM PDT

how did you fix the color wheel?

Collapse -
color wheel
by mdg003939 / October 11, 2009 11:36 PM PDT

Ordered one for $110 and dug in. Found as much info on the web as I could and took a lot of pictures and made notes. It is really not that bad. Took about 4 hours the first time. Could probably do it again in less then an hour.

Collapse -
replace wheel
by mdg003939 / October 11, 2009 11:44 PM PDT
In reply to: color wheel
Collapse -
thanks
by ChristianAverill / October 12, 2009 3:57 AM PDT
In reply to: replace wheel

I'll give it a go

Collapse -
thanks
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 13, 2009 6:17 AM PDT
In reply to: thanks

ChristianAverill,

Sorry for coming to the party late, but I would suspect the color wheel as well. Of course, I can't give a definite diagnosis, but that's the most likely of sources.

--HDTech

Collapse -
color wheel
by ChristianAverill / October 20, 2009 9:46 AM PDT
In reply to: thanks

would you have any new advice in terms of trying to repair?

Collapse -
color wheel
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 22, 2009 3:56 PM PDT
In reply to: color wheel

ChristianAverill,

I don't have any new information, or a diagnosis. Like I said, I'm just guessing that what you're hearing is the color wheel. There are fix-it guides and videos that people have made on replacing the color wheel, but again, that's skipping the step of having it diagnosed.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.