TVs & Home Theaters forum

General discussion

Dish Network DVR625 Question

by Fadil13 / May 16, 2007 12:00 AM PDT

I have a DVR 625 reciever which controls 2 tvs. I was wondering if anyone knew if I could splice off of the line going to tv 2 to a third tv to have it control it also?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Dish Network DVR625 Question
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Dish Network DVR625 Question
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Should be able
by givemeaname / May 17, 2007 3:59 AM PDT

Get a 'Y' & run the line to the tv's. But the other tv needs to be in range of the DVR & the two tv's will have to share a remote.

Collapse -
How are you hooking up the 2nd TV????
by jcrobso / May 17, 2007 5:50 AM PDT

If your using the RF output the get a RF splitter and feed TVs 2 & 3 from the splitter. I'm feeding 3 remote TVs this way, I carry remote 2 to the room I want to watch in. John

Collapse -
The DVR625
by givemeaname / May 17, 2007 9:12 AM PDT

is a duel tuner unit, so you can have PIP or run a line to a 2nd tv.

Collapse -
it is possible
by y0Lorenzo / August 20, 2007 8:33 AM PDT

It's possible to do but complicated (was for me).

It took me about a month of off and on fidgeting with my setup to figure out how to do it 100%.

I have this Dish625. A line comes from the basement to where the 625 is. In the bedroom, from the wall outlet comes a line with a
diplexer. I think the diplexer acts as a "two-way street." Connected to the connector on the diplexer labled "in/out." is the line from the basement. A short line runs from the "sat" connector to a Filter that says "sat 1" and "sat 2." which plug in accordingly on dish625 box. From the dish 625's TV2 RF output connector, I have a short line that goes to a 2-way RF splitter. The first line from the splitter travels along my upstairs to "TV2 A." The 2nd line from the splitter connects a short line to the "VGF/UHF" connector on the diplexer.

In the basement at my structured wiring box, I find the line that goes to my bedroom. Attached to this line is another diplexer's "in/out" connector. The "sat" connector has a line that runs to the dish network switch. From the "VHF/UHF" connector on the diplexer I run a short line to an In-line amplifier that I had leftover from when I had comcast. From the In-line amplifier (vhf/uhf) I have a line connected to a 4 way splitter with only 2 rooms connected to it.

So I can watch/record anything on TV1, and then I have a 2nd feed going to TV2 A, B, and C. All of the TV2s have the same picture all the time (unless watchng a DVD/Playing videogames etc), and I only have 1 TV2 remote (I plan to get another 1 or maybe 2). the Primary TV1 on this setup is in my bedroom, but I prefer to watch tv in the basement on the big screen and then we also have a guest room and a loft where I can watch TV 2. Too many tvs haha. But I prefer having the box handy in the bedroom incase something goes wrong, and just to see the status lights.

My parents have the ViP 622 box connected similarly between the family room (HDTV) and master bedroom (SD TV2 over RF), on that setup theres only one TV 2, so a diplexer is used but no splitters/amplifier.

We have a three Cat5 jacks in the kitchen, so I plan using one for TV and getting a pair of these:
http://svideo.com/coaxbalun.html

and creating a TV 2 B from the Vip 622 in the family room to the kitchen's cat 5 jack. That way parents can pause live tv in bedroom, come down to the kitchen, turn on tv and play. Also, while main tv is on in family room, cnn or fox news or whatever can be on mute in the kitchen. We have a plasma in the family room and dont like to watch news there cause of the tickers. So I can do a TV 2 in the kitchen with an old computer monitor.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.