Cameras

General discussion

Digital Camera for left handed use

by sergiuss / May 25, 2006 9:14 PM PDT

Hello!
I'm looking for a fine digital camera for left handed use.
Do anyone know such a company that handle these kind of cameras?
thanks!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Digital Camera for left handed use
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Digital Camera for left handed use
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Left Handed Cameras
by snapshot2 Forum moderator / May 26, 2006 5:01 AM PDT

I don't know of any digital cameras specificly made for left handed use.

But there are cameras that are "lefty friendly".

Here is a link; scroll all the way to the bottom and see some Sanyo cameras that can easily be operated with either hand:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=18522&forum_id=72

These look like camcorders, but in reality they are digital cameras wearing a different skin.

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) Perhaps you should try one with a remote control.
by Kiddpeat / May 26, 2006 11:50 AM PDT
Collapse -
Lefthanded camera
by tasuray / May 29, 2006 2:54 PM PDT

Turn the camera up side down.The shutter will come to your left hand thumb.Take the inverted photos.Then turn the photos 180 degree by any photoediting s/w.But I have never tried this.

Collapse -
My friend had left arm he need left handed digital camera
by starhawk2764 / May 16, 2010 6:22 AM PDT

Hello my friend had lost right arm accident long time ago in IWCC college that he work on graphic printing in class. He need digital camera for left handed to hold it and see better design all the camera company had been too much ignore or not reply to them they seem don't care about handicapp people who need left handed camera please help my friend need and like to have those left handed camera!...

My friend is not happy that lot of right handed digital camera it not fair all that people had right handed that some people had lost right arms or stroke too... Please help and for people who need left handed to use techology to use that be a great for people who have lost right arm or stroke give a chance for people who can enjoy to use left handed.

Thanks!

Smile.....

Collapse -
You would have very limited choices...
by Papa Echo / May 16, 2010 3:49 PM PDT

It is better to train yourself in using it right handed. Just practice... it seems awkward at first, but you will get over the learning curve...

Collapse -
You would have very limited choices
by peelie22 / March 12, 2011 1:36 AM PST

You would have very limited choices...
by Papa Echo - May 16, 2010 10:49 PM PDT

In Reply to: Digital Camera for left handed use by sergiuss

It is better to train yourself in using it right handed. Just practice... it seems awkward at first, but you will get over the learning curve....

But I don't have a right hand

Collapse -
Touch Screen
by marvlaw / July 12, 2011 10:28 AM PDT

I understand this a a fairly old forum, but I cannot use my right hand due to nerve damage, so you and I are kind of in the same boat in this area. I have found that there are a few touch screen cameras that allow you to set it so that you can just touch the back of the screen to take a picture rather than reaching over to the right side of the camera and blocking the screen to take the picture

Collapse -
Links ONLY!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 12, 2011 10:44 AM PDT
In reply to: Touch Screen
Collapse -
Sorry
by marvlaw / July 12, 2011 12:26 PM PDT
In reply to: Links ONLY!

I apologize, here is an article that describes how Nikon has incorporated the technology, please see the second to last paragraph:

Collapse -
left hand
by peelie22 / July 12, 2011 2:35 PM PDT

try the Bush-hawk grip i use it all the time and fire the shutter left handed

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.