The CNET Lounge forum

General discussion

Did you know...

by roberpic / May 4, 2006 11:19 AM PDT

... that krazy glue doesn't bond to krazy glue--dried krazy glue, that is. Odd.

I was trying to fix my broken (for the fourth time) XBOX Live headset. Up until the first time this now fourth-time-broken headset broke, I'd usually just go out an buy another one. Although, that was when I had a job. I now have a job again, but my old, jobless, thrify self wanted to krazy glue this headset back together. He--I--can't, because it had been worn out by krazy glue. Sad

So, this is now my fourth *completely* broken headset. I guess I'll just have to try to krazy glue a non-reused headset back onto the reused boom. That is, if I can find one.

P.S.,

Don't get me wrong. I *do* take care of my stuff. I have CDs that are going on a decade old that still play in my half-decade old riovolt (yes, one of the first portable cd players with mp3 compatibility). I have Nintendo games that still play in a *working* NES (last time I checked about two years ago). It's not my fault. Microsoft just screwed up when they made these headsets.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Did you know...
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Did you know...
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) (NT) headset not headphones
by roberpic / May 6, 2006 2:52 AM PDT
In reply to: Go with Bose
Collapse -
Sand it down?
by JesseThe / May 6, 2006 4:20 AM PDT
In reply to: Did you know...

Try sand paper or even a nail file... then a paint thinner to clean it... and then let it dry and try gluing it again.. we don't have that glue over here... so I'm not sure what its chemically made out of... other choices would be plastic cement available from a model shop or a epoxy resin that will stick anything and available at most DIY/Hardware stores I belive...

Collapse -
Try Loctite
by Ravensblood / May 7, 2006 1:00 AM PDT
In reply to: Did you know...

It's like Krazy Glue and it does stick to itself. It also comes in a handy nail polish style bottle with brush.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.