Forum Announcement

Welcome to the new CNET Forums! Please don't panic. You are not in the Twilight Zone, you are experiencing the new CNET forums platform! Please click here to read the details. Thanks!!

Computer Newbies

General discussion

Device manager / Windows XP Pro / Sound card drivers

by derrick773 / January 18, 2007 11:53 AM PST

Gateway MX6441 Notebook Specifications
Part Number: 1009033Gateway MX6441 Notebook

Feature Description
Processor AMD Turion? 64 Mobile Technology ML-34
Operates at 1.8 GHz | 1 MB L2 Cache
HyperTransport? technology at up to 1600 MHz
Screen 15.4-inch Widescreen Ultrabright WXGA TFT
Chipset ATI Radeon

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Device manager / Windows XP Pro / Sound card drivers
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Device manager / Windows XP Pro / Sound card drivers
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Gateway.com
by linkit / January 18, 2007 5:10 PM PST

Gateway.com should have the best drivers for a Gateway notebook.

Don't use the Update Driver button and don't let Windows search for what it thinks is the best driver. Follow the procedure that Gateway gives for each individual driver.

At Gateway.com, when you click on the driver, you will see the following links:

Download Now > How to Download > How to Install

Click "How to install" and follow that procedure.

Collapse -
I have all the drivers :(
by derrick773 / January 20, 2007 4:11 AM PST
In reply to: Gateway.com

I've tried all of the drivers on Gateway, it seems that I have them all installed.

Collapse -
Derrick found the answer
by PudgyOne / January 22, 2007 5:52 AM PST
Collapse -
Thank you so much!
by drewnick100 / February 7, 2007 2:15 AM PST
Collapse -
damn Gateway ;F
by sir_hard / March 16, 2007 5:40 PM PDT
In reply to: Thank you so much!

I have same problems like you. I made format C and now cant turn back sound.

Did you get any solution in this case?

Collapse -
Yes. See the above.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 17, 2007 12:37 AM PDT
In reply to: damn Gateway ;F

Since you claim it's the same issue, just try the above.

Bob

Collapse -
MX 6441 Audio Drivers
by ceekalia / February 6, 2008 1:53 PM PST
In reply to: Yes. See the above.

unfortunatly... all the suggestions above are useless. I have tried all the ways posted to the forums, and the driverguide.com. Please stop telling everyone to go to Gateways website... The drivers there DO NOT WORK.

Collapse -
MX6441 Audio drivers
by ceekalia / February 6, 2008 5:40 PM PST
Collapse -
sound problems and driver installation on gateway
by danochka1 / March 10, 2008 10:43 AM PDT
In reply to: MX6441 Audio drivers

this was a great help! the download worked, unlike from the gateway support page. when this takes you to the driverguide however, if you want it free just select view a few advertisements option or I guess you can just pay 2 bux. the file is posted in .rar compressed format, so if you don't have .rar you can just download it from www.download.com for free as well. Other than that I had a question about the original CD that comes with Gateway. For some reason I couldn't locate the driver on it. should I have went to a recovery as soon as computer turns on? I was afraid to try and loose all my info.
Thank you very much and hope this helps out someone else!

Collapse -
'should I have went to a recovery '
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / March 11, 2008 1:47 AM PDT

That depends on the exact problem you were having and the type of Recovery options listed in Gateway's computers.. If you're simply having a sound problem, there generally isn't a need to perform a complete recovery.. Other options usually will solve the issue.

On the other hand, some CD Recovery options will allow you a driver-only reinstall.. In that case, the driver may be already on the CD.. In addition, there may be a "non-desctructive" recovery which allows you to "repair" the system as it is and leave your current files intact. Frequently though, the only recovery option is a "destructive" Recovery which wipes the drive, formats it, then reinstalls everything back to its factory condition..

The only way to know which type is available is to do the research at Gateway's site, or maybe even to test the CD.. That's up to you. In this case though, it sounds like you've got the problem taken care of.

Hope this helps.

Grif

Collapse -
gateway mx6441
by JAZZ1233456789 / April 7, 2008 5:37 AM PDT
In reply to: MX6441 Audio drivers

Ok, gate page dose not work, we all know that, so please, any one who has the cd or the drivers or devices any thing, can you please send it to me, my sound has gone away on vacation Happy

I reinstalled windows and the sound never came back, please help!!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.