Audio & Video Software

Question

.dem file player?

by Zbratko / January 9, 2013 4:34 PM PST

Is there any player on the net that can play .dem files?

I've been trying to find one for some time now and always hitting the wall!

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: .dem file player?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: .dem file player?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: .dem files
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 9, 2013 4:40 PM PST
In reply to: .dem file player?
http://filext.com/alphalist.php?extstart=^D shows this can be quite a number of different file types.

DEM = Half-Life Demo File (Sierra)
DEM = Descent Demonstration
DEM = Delphi Edit Mask (Borland Software Corporation)
DEM = Creator Simulator Temporary File (Tufts University)
DEM = ArcView Digital Elevation Model File (ESRI)
DEM = USGS US Geological Survey National Mapping Division Topo30 3D File (USGS SDTS)
DEM = Turing (Holt Software Associates, Inc.)
DEM = Vista Digital Elevation Model File
DEM = Quake/Hexen II .DEM File Format
DEM = Unreal Tournament Demonstration File (Epic Games, Inc.)
DEM = Demetra Automated Project (European Commission (Eurostat))
DEM = Vista Pro Graphic
DEM = Raven Shield In-Game Recording (Ubi Soft Entertainment)

So the first step is to tell which of these 13 (or maybe even another) you mean.

Kees
Collapse -
.dem for dota2
by Zbratko / January 9, 2013 6:43 PM PST
In reply to: Re: .dem files

None of these is what i really need. I've downloaded "seismovevision" who plays all of the above, but i need it to watch my Dota2 games replay's. Unfortunately the software I've found does not support this game Sad

Not sure if there is any software to play this file type unless its run on steam (via its console), and I would like to be able to watch it when I'm offline.

P.S. Tnx for your reply

Collapse -
Just a tip.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 10, 2013 4:03 AM PST
In reply to: .dem for dota2

When you ask such a question and you know what created the file, supply that detail.

In this case it appears you have to convert these to some other format. Even if that means you use a "Screen Recorder."
Bob

Collapse -
check this new post on dev.dota2
by MaxPain999 / November 25, 2014 9:12 PM PST
In reply to: .dem for dota2

to start dota2 directly in replay mode, you can use superfila's batch file found on dev.dota2

Collapse -
Answer
try this
by vembutech / January 29, 2015 6:14 AM PST
In reply to: .dem file player?

Hi, you can try the below link for the video conversion from the demo video formats to avi or mp4 videos.

Online converter

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.