Dell

Question

Dell XPS All in one, no power or lights

by fox408 / January 5, 2013 2:32 AM PST

Hey folks,

I have a Dell XPS One 24, that is currently not doing so well.

The other day, I put it to sleep and went to bed, when I got up the next morning, it wouldn't do anything.

It would not turn on, no lights or sounds. Nothing at all.

I have no idea what the problem could be.

Any suggestions, or advice would be great!

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Dell XPS All in one, no power or lights
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Dell XPS All in one, no power or lights
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Get your service tag and go here
by wpgwpg / January 5, 2013 2:44 AM PST
Collapse -
no luck
by fox408 / January 5, 2013 3:05 AM PST

I tried that earlier, didn't have any luck. Perhaps I overlooked something, but I didn't find it to be useful.
Service Tag: GDTBGF1

Collapse -
Try here
by wpgwpg / January 5, 2013 4:19 AM PST
In reply to: no luck

Here's a link to the Dell forum for XPS One 24
http://en.community.dell.com/search/searchresults.aspx?q=XPS+One+24
Notice that almost every page at Dell's site has a search box, so if you don't find what you're looking for at first, try searching. I did notice that someone else has already posted a comment about not powering up there.

Good luck.

Collapse -
Answer
No lights.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 5, 2013 3:07 AM PST

That's not a good sign but it could be not getting power. I'd unplug it then press and hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Now I'd have to be sure that power cord is good so I use it to power up something else to be sure there is power there, After that I plug my machine in and try again.
Bob

Collapse -
Didn't work either
by fox408 / January 5, 2013 3:33 AM PST
In reply to: No lights.

thanks Proffitt. I was actually suggested that yesterday. I gave it a shot, and didn't get any response.
I have had the cord tested, and it is working.

Collapse -
How much work do you do yourself?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 5, 2013 8:24 AM PST
In reply to: Didn't work either

Can you use an Ohm meter to test the power button?

Can you look for a fuse in the PC?

Collapse -
Answer
See Power Supply,
by LuisE7970 / April 5, 2013 8:48 AM PDT

I think your power supply it's dead, I'm a Comp technician, this is the first device I look first, when you don't have any light around, the second it's system board, I suggest you, next time shut down your comp, unless you have UPS back up, in case the electricity goes off.

I'd seen and work this model before.

Good look

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.