Dell

Alert

Dell very poor customer service

by villaconsulting / March 26, 2012 12:17 PM PDT

I am posting to show my frustration with Dell support and I am wondering if this is how Dell wants to keep its customers.

I have a Dell XPS1300 and it suffered the video graphics overheat as is so common, and after much discussion with Dell they reluctantly repaired it, and after 3 attempts they repaired and returned it to myself. Then some time later the laptop went pop and would not power up and after inspection its been noticed that the previous repair was very poor and not up to what I would expect from Dell. There were loose wires in the inspection areas on the underneath of the laptop.

So with this information I contacted Dell support in India and they were very dismissive and actually argued with me that it was my fault for not reporting the shoddy workmanship from the repair. I have to say that after this experience I would not recomend anyone to trust Dell to support its Laptops if they go faulty and certainly not to have any faith in the Technical support in India, they were just reading que cards and then dismissing my concerns.

So for me never another Dell and as I am also the engineering director for a very large FT100 company no more Dell for the company either. There are much better and cheaper laptops on the market and I can;t beleive that their customer service would be so rude and dismissive as Dell.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Dell very poor customer service
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Dell very poor customer service
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hi, My name is Lorna and I work for Dell
by Dell-LornaM Dell staff / March 29, 2012 7:58 AM PDT
Collapse -
I know
by Palmvim / January 20, 2013 3:30 AM PST

I will NEVER buy a DELL product. The last time I bought a monitor from Dell, I wasn't given on my credit card the price told over the phone. When I called back DELL I was transferred from one agent to another and after 5-7 transfers I got back to the starting point. I explained politely the situation to the last agent, and told him it was simply wrong what DELL is doing.

He apologized but the only thing he could do to help was to transfer me....

I just bought a MAC, what a good experience. Being new to the MAC, I had questions about setting up iCloud. Went online to set up a call from Apple. Apple called at the very time I requested. The agent was kind and understanding, and I had everything running by the end of the call. What a welcome difference!

Collapse -
VERY Poor Customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
by MrsBickford76 / February 7, 2013 1:02 PM PST
In reply to: I know

I Have Had Poor Customer Service Also.. II Bought A Laptop A year ago ... My hard drive went 3 times in that year ... well jus broke again i sent it to dell they called me and told me it had water damage witch i have never split anything on my laptop they refused to fix it because my limited warranty didnt cover it okay well thats all fine well in good. i told them to send it back to me. the next day i get an email stating its gunna be fixed then i chat with customer service online and they told me 2 -3 days they would call me ... well today i get my laptop in the mail unfixed same way i sent it to them... So i called and asked them why they lied to me and that there customer service sucks and i will never ever buy another dell again and they hung up on me ...

Collapse -
yea
by MrsBickford76 / February 7, 2013 1:01 PM PST

I Have Had Poor Customer Service Also.. II Bought A Laptop A year ago ... My hard drive went 3 times in that year ... well jus broke again i sent it to dell they called me and told me it had water damage witch i have never split anything on my laptop they refused to fix it because my limited warranty didnt cover it okay well thats all fine well in good. i told them to send it back to me. the next day i get an email stating its gunna be fixed then i chat with customer service online and they told me 2 -3 days they would call me ... well today i get my laptop in the mail unfixed same way i sent it to them... So i called and asked them why they lied to me and that there customer service sucks and i will never ever buy another dell again and they hung up on me ...

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.