Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Dell speakers wont work! Please help!

by piercertdh / October 23, 2006 8:19 AM PDT

OK, this is the third time I have created a thread on this particular forum. I know that is rather unfashionable, and depending on who you are, possibly rude, but I have even more information on my older topic. Again, if you didn't know, my speakers that came packaged with my Dell do not work. I have EVERYTHING plugged in correctly and all possible mute buttons are turned back up to audible levels. My Dell came with Windows XP, however, I got a horrible virus from LiveWire and have had to get a technician to wipe my memory in order to destroy the virus. The technician was even nice enough to download all of my Windows XP software back onto the computer, however, my speakers now do not work. I have been told recently that I should get a speaker driver or something of that sort from Dell's official site. Sadly, the person who told me that failed to give me a direct URL, but this was my fault for not getting that person my system information. If anyone has any help, please, by all means, help me. Thank you very much. My system info is below....

System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 1

Computer:
Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz
2.39GHz
512MB of RAM

If anyone can get me the direct URL to download the driver or whatever it would be GREATLY appreciated.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Dell speakers wont work! Please help!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Dell speakers wont work! Please help!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Here is a URL for Dell Drivers and Downloads
by PudgyOne / October 23, 2006 9:34 AM PDT
Collapse -
Call Dell tech support
by levelmeasure / October 23, 2006 2:06 PM PDT

If your computer is brand new, call Dell tech support and have them walk you through the driver install. You already paid for the support when you bought the computer, so why not use it?

Collapse -
I agree,
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / October 23, 2006 9:16 PM PDT
In reply to: Call Dell tech support

but even better, as you have used Dell Support recently, you should still have the unique Asset or Service tag for your Dell computer. If it isn't handy, right click your My Computer icon on the Desktop and select Properties. This will display the System properties for your computer. In the General tab, click the ''Support Information'' button and the next window will display your Asset tag, also called the Service tag. The window also gives Dell's support web site.

Goto that site, select the link on the left for Technical Support, and in the new window choose either ''Drivers and downloads'', or ''Troubleshooting and FAQ''.

In either web page you then have to insert your Service tag, and then click the Go button.

This should take you to further online support.

I hope this helps.

Mark

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.