Dell forum

General discussion

Dell Premium Service

by cranheim / January 4, 2011 8:22 AM PST

I purchased a Dell Studio XPS 8100 with a 3 year Premium Service Contract, which is supposed to have 1)North American Phone Support. 2)Preferred Technician Access. I called for service twice, which went directly to India, not the US. During the first call, I was given a special number for US support. I just tried this new number, which went directly to India again. After going around for a while, I was transferred to what was supposed to be in the US. The person spoke with the usual Indian accent, which was difficult to understand, and had little knowledge about the machine. When I asked him for the correct number for premium service, he gave me the original number for India!
Did I get fooled into paying a premium for something that does not exist? I was unable to speak with anyone who could tell me how to get to the advertised premium service I am paying for. Can anyone tell me who I can call or write to, to get the answer to this question? If you want to see what the premium service offers, just go to the Dell site and configure a Studio XPS8100 and look at the service options.
I sure could use some help with this one.
Charles Ranheim

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Dell Premium Service
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Dell Premium Service
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Hi Cranheim,
by Osprey4 / January 4, 2011 9:32 AM PST
In reply to: Dell Premium Service

Not sure how to respond since you haven't told us what number you're calling.

Collapse -
Dell Premium Service
by cranheim / January 4, 2011 10:29 PM PST
In reply to: Hi Cranheim,

I hope giving out the numbers I have used will help. The first number I used (1-800-624-9896) was the regular suport number from the Dell book. The second number I used
(1-866-223-5417) was given to me by the tech person in India as being the correct number for their premium USA support. Both numbers go directly to India. Somehow, after a long discussion, I was transferred to the "USA" support. This new person had the same Indian accent but said he was in the US. Again I asked what number I should call for the USA support and was given the first number I started with. I just completed the endless circle without an answer.
I chose the extra cost premium service contract because I have had a difficult time communicating with the people in India.
cranheim

Collapse -
Maybe
by bob b / January 4, 2011 11:16 PM PST

1-800-999-3355.

I've only used it once and I don't recall if there was a communication problem.

Collapse -
When you find out, let us know.
by mopscare42 / January 4, 2011 9:59 AM PST

I too bought the 3 year premium service plan. Going through the premium XPS support number always got India,the Philippians or some country whose English and knowledge of computers is very poor at best.
I finally gave up doing that and called the contact who sold me my computer. Told him I could not understand these people and he somehow transferred me to a tech in Tennessee. What I had been trying for 3 hours to get taken care of with our friends across the pond took the US tech 15 minutes.
I wish I would have gotten that number, but didn't.
I feel your pain because there appears to be a lot of us in the same boat.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.