Forum Announcement

Welcome to the new CNET Forums! Please don't panic. You are not in the Twilight Zone, you are experiencing the new CNET forums platform! Please click here to read the details. Thanks!!

Computer Help

General discussion

Dell? PC Restore by Symantec

by alterbridgeboy / August 28, 2008 11:31 AM PDT

hey ppl i posted earlier about how my computer is using that wierd font and people suggested basically starting my system over, i wanted to know if i could use Dell? PC Restore by Symantec, it says if i push ctrl + F11 at startup it will run, the problem is i dont want to delete all my software because it will literally take a full day to reinstall it all if that is even enough time, i dont have time for that since i am at school all day and i dont want to piss my parents off by messin up my cpu, so can someone tell me if this will work?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Dell? PC Restore by Symantec
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Dell? PC Restore by Symantec
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Don't do that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 28, 2008 11:34 AM PDT

Why not change the font to what you want? Please tell us if this is your first PC and how long you've been running windows. I don't want to waste your time detailing how to change XP's appearance.
Bob

Collapse -
font
by alterbridgeboy / August 28, 2008 12:22 PM PDT
In reply to: Don't do that.

believe me just the font is not the case, i tried changing the font, the system seems to be screwed up, in my other posts people told me that my only option right now is to restore my system

Collapse -
pc specs
by alterbridgeboy / August 28, 2008 12:24 PM PDT
In reply to: font

im runnin a dell Dimension E310 (3100)
pentium 4 2.80ghz processor
1 gig of ram
windows xp media center edition sp2

Collapse -
The only screw up you shared is
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 28, 2008 10:07 PM PDT
In reply to: font

A font issue. That's just something in appearances in a control panel. Look at your story so far and ask if you were given this much to work with what you would think to offer.
Bob

Collapse -
I hate those schools ...
by Kees Bakker / August 28, 2008 10:16 PM PDT

with hold you all day 7 days a week, including the weekend. And not even giving you 2 evenings (an evening is half a day, so 2 evenings equal a day) time to fix your computer.

Here in Holland school is only 5 days a week. That leaves 2 days for other things.

And yes, the system restore method provided by Dell should work, if you can't fix your (unspecified) problems any other way.
I don't know how Symantec fits into that. Maybe they bought it there and are obliged to call it Symantec still. Maybe it's something you added yourself. Then it's more difficult to get support if it fails.

Kees

Collapse -
didnt add
by alterbridgeboy / August 29, 2008 12:13 AM PDT

no i didnt add it it came with the dell i didnt know i had it till yesterday, and even though im at school 5 days a week and got 2 full days off, i have a life so i dont have time to sit on my cpu and run things for 5 hours, im gonna try the restore and see what happens, i already backed my stuff up

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.