Windows Legacy OS forum

Dell Lattitude E6400 webcam installation error

by kellog6 / October 9, 2012 9:14 PM PDT

Hi all,
I Installed Win Xp pro on my notebook and managed to download driver Creative Labs Integrated Web A03 R200491.
When i run setup, it keeps bringing error message:
(An error occurred while setting up the driver.

Can someone urgently help me get this done.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Dell Lattitude E6400 webcam installation error
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Dell Lattitude E6400 webcam installation error
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Re: error
by Kees_B Forum moderator / October 9, 2012 9:28 PM PDT

In our review I see that it comes (or came) with Windows Vista Professional. So you're downgrading on your own risk.

Are you sure the driver you downloaded is for XP and for your webcam? Did your Dell service tag lead you to this specific driver? Or did you download it from somewhere else? Then it mightbe the wrong one.

Collapse -
Keep in mind
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 10, 2012 3:24 AM PDT

That downgrading the OS is treacherous.

XP Pro for example does not support USB 2.0. That is until you install both the motherboard drivers and the later Service Packs. Since you only noted XP Pro I can only guess you didn't know that about this ancient OS.

After you get that installed then and only then the other drivers might work.

Be sure to ask Dell for how to install XP. I have an example of the HP at link.

Wow, only 10 drivers for that one. I know the Dell's take one more thing that is not a driver but you know that.

Collapse -
Dell Lattitude E6400 webcam driver
by Manpreet_C Dell staff / October 10, 2012 9:05 PM PDT

Please try to download this Webcam driver.
This driver is compatible with Windows XP.
Please install the driver and let me know if it works.

Here is the Owner's Manual for your reference.

Hope this helps.
Please revert for any further queries.

Thanks and Regards,
Manpreet C

Collapse -
Latitude E6400 Integrated Webcam problem SOLVED!
by 1houndog / December 7, 2012 4:58 PM PST

I have labored for several days to solve the issue of not being able to install webcam manager
software from DELL website without a message that there is no recognized webcam installed,
even though Device Manager shows the webcam as an installed device with suitable driver.
The applicable software on the DELL E6400 drivers website is useless.

Do a google search for the following Dell file: R230103.
The full file name is: " Dell_SX2210-Monitor_Webcam SW RC1.1_R230103.exe "

Creative Labs just released this updated software and it will work perfectly with
Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 - I have tested it on all three O/S on
a DELL Latitude E6400.

Uninstall any Dell Webcam software already on your computer prior to installing this pakage.
Includes an excellent Webcam Manager and Avatar app.

As long as your device manager shows the integrated webcam as a valid installed device
(usually under "imaging Devices"} this will work in all cases.

Happy Webcamming !! Happy

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.