Windows Legacy OS

Question

Dell Lattitude E6400 Broadcom USH & Video controller drivers

by kellog6 / February 2, 2013 9:13 PM PST

Hi all,
Can someone help with a link for the above notebook i downgraded to windows xp pro.

I visited dell link but couldnt get the right drivers.

Apparently, there only 3 drivers pending as listed: Broadcom USH, Video Controller driver and Video Controller (VGA Compatible).

Thankin you in advance,

Kellog.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Dell Lattitude E6400 Broadcom USH & Video controller drivers
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Dell Lattitude E6400 Broadcom USH & Video controller drivers
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: drivers
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 2, 2013 11:37 PM PST

If Dell customer service can't help, probably no one can. Maybe they don't even exist. That's the problem with downgrading to XP: sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Then - if you're sure you need a laptop with XP natively, because you need XP and installing in a virtual machine isn't sufficient - you buy a second-hand machine to run the particular program you need it for.

Kees

Collapse -
Answer
Hi all, Can someone help with a link for the above notebook
by moonrose62 / March 31, 2013 2:14 PM PDT

Hi all,Can someone help with a link for the above notebook i downgraded to windows xp pro.I visited dell link but couldnt get the right drivers.Apparently, there only 3 drivers pending as listed: Broadcom USH, Video Controller driver and Video Controller (VGA Compatible).Thankin you in advance,

Collapse -
As already stated

As already stated, you're trying to run an unsupported OS on that unit. If you can't manage to track down the proper drivers on your own, how are you ever hoping to resolve any other issues that come up?

Kees had the right idea. Assuming the system came with Windows 7 just upgrade to Win 7 Pro or Ultimate to get XP Mode. If it came with Windows 8 then you're stuck putting XP in a VM yourself, but considering XP is in its final days of support, probably better to accept that it is time to move on.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.