Dell forum

Rant

Dell Hell

by Dell_egator / January 24, 2013 7:15 AM PST

Hey there I bought an Alienware M17x R4 laptop 5 months ago. When I got it the video and sound cards were broken along with a few other technical problems. Since then I've sent it back to dell for repairs and both times it came back with no difference in performance. I have spent at least 15 hours on the phone with dell technical support, All they do is Blabber on about how they will fix it if I send it in again, or they have basically say take it or leave it. I asked them for a copy of the warranty I purchased and they say there is no record of it, same with the guaranteed buy back plan I purchased.
Dells customer service has been absolute hell.
I guess I spent $2000 on a PIECE OF S**T

I anyone has any information that could help me get out of this hellish situation with Dell please let me know.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Dell Hell
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Dell Hell
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
re: alienware issues
by Dell-Jesse Dell staff / January 24, 2013 11:11 PM PST
In reply to: Dell Hell

Dell_egator,

My name is Jesse and I work for the Dell Social Media Team. I was discussing your issues with the Dell Community Forum Alienware group Liaison Dell-Chris M. He wanted me to have you email this issue to
AWCC-Resolution_experts@Dell.com. When emailing them please include your name, addresss, email address, system service tag, phone number and a description of the issues you are experiencing.
This an Alienware Escalation Team. You also may want to visit the Alienware Club Community at the link below and sign up to on this site.If you do not get any resolution from emailing the team listed above please let me know.

Dell Community Forum - Alienware Group

Thank You,
Dell-Jesse L
Dell Social Media and Communities

Collapse -
Dell refund
by Dell_egator / January 27, 2013 3:53 AM PST
In reply to: re: alienware issues

I am done with dealing with Dell, all i want is my money back. I do my schooling online so i need a functional laptop and dell has done nothing but cause me trouble.

Collapse -
Re: Money back
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 27, 2013 4:02 AM PST
In reply to: Dell refund

I don't thjnk you'll get your money back by posting here. Then you really should follow the links mentioned above by Jesse.

Anyway, I'm not associated with Dell, but I wonder why you need a $2000 gaming laptop for online schooling. Those are known to be troublesome and short-lived. If your schooling isn't about gaming, I don't think need it. And if it is about gaming, you should know not to do it on a laptop.
It depends a little bit on what you're studying, but the $1000 professional Dell laptops we have at work (used for software development) should be adequate in 99% of the cases. My children were happy enough with a $700 consumer grade laptop during their study.

Kees

Collapse -
Dell defective
by Dell_egator / January 27, 2013 4:38 AM PST
In reply to: Re: Money back

Thanks for the advice but it doesn't really matter what i use my laptop for. The fact that it came broken and hasn't been fixed for 5 months is what the problem is. The fact that they are so unorganized and lack the ability to admit they sent me a broken computer is what makes me dislike dell.

I could have returned it within the 21 day limit but they insisted on fixing it. once it came back the 21 day return policy had expired.

Collapse -
Dell Defective
by Dell_egator / January 27, 2013 4:43 AM PST
In reply to: Dell defective

I know it wont help me get my money back by posting complaints on the internet. I want to make people to think before buying from Dell. I Hope no one has to go through the same trouble I have.

Collapse -
That's surely a problem.
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 27, 2013 4:55 AM PST
In reply to: Dell defective

Anyway, you still have warranty (I assume it's the standard 1 year if you don't have an invoice or order confirmation that shows you bought a longer one) and legal rights (details depend on the country you live in).

Most business models of Dell have a next day hardware support on location as an option (which means: if you pay for it). Much better than sending it in. But that's too late now.
Consider that an idea for your next laptop (although I suppose it won't be a Dell).

Kees

Collapse -
alienware
by Dell_egator / March 5, 2013 10:50 AM PST
In reply to: re: alienware issues

Hey there it's taken me awhile to reply, I took my Alienware to the local computer store and they were able to fix and even enhance my computer in a day. They said it was so simple they can't believe that Dell could't figure out the problem.

Also the finish near the shortcut buttons started to fall of a week after I got it, I would like that fixed.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.