Dell

Alert

Dell - Extremely Poor Service - Next Business Day Warranty

by Sir-Sam / January 8, 2013 12:17 AM PST

I have had a booked service call under my 5Year NBD onsite warranty, it has been 4 Working Days - 6 Days and no technicians have turned up.

It seems Dell's service has not improved. I have an email clearly stating that their service call was booked for the 3rd of January 2013. I waited all day on that Thursday and nobody turned up, no phone call, no nothing. Chased Dell up three times that day and I was reassured that an engineer was on their way, that I am the last call on their list; however an engineer will definitely be with me but NOTHING.

The next day I got a call from a company who calls on behalf of Dell telling me that they can only book an engineer visit for the following week, I asked what the problem was, to which I get told "the engineer has family problems". It amazes me that Dell in the UK relies on one person, whom like all of us has family problems?!

I get blackmailed by their same contractors; that I have to agree to them coming next week or they would not come at all. I disagreed with this and said I would take this up with Dell directly as this is clearly not only against the NBD on site warranty, but also against our sales contract and verbal and email contract as set out and explained by their employees.

When I call Dell directly they tell me that their contractor says that I had been swearing and abusing their technicians, hence they cancelled the call out. - Completely fabricated I ask Dell to request the call recordings which clearly show the complete opposite - Which was me getting blackmailed by their contractors into saving themselves of their contract with Dell.

What annoys me the most about this is that me, the customer is treated like dirt, I am battered from contractor to Dell, Dell to contractor back and forth, nobody is responsible for honouring the sales contract and employees are out to cover their own backs.

Broken promises, broken contracts and overall poor customer service, this summarises Dell.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Dell - Extremely Poor Service - Next Business Day Warranty
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Dell - Extremely Poor Service - Next Business Day Warranty
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
i agree
by jhn44 / January 17, 2013 5:10 AM PST

i have had very bad experiences with dell too.

Collapse -
Not so much Dell, it's the techs they send out.
by mopscare42 / January 22, 2013 1:20 PM PST

I have had a few times I needed repair and the parts where always here the next day.
The tech shows up and acts like he doesn't want to be here and has all kinds of issues where he has to leave. He actually tells me when he calls to setup a appointment that he is just sooooo busy and tries to setup a time that is convenant for him and not me.
Unfortunately Dell has a contract with a company who hires these local techs, so the customer has no choice and has to take what he gets.
We pay extra for the warranty and should be getting a good service for our money, but from my experience we are not. it's always hi ho Silver and a cloud of dust and I don't think the guy really cares if the problem is fixed or not.
Another thing I don't understand is why the tech that comes out won't leave a business card? Guess he is not real proud of his service.

Collapse -
Next Business Day sdoesn't mean Next Business Day
by oconnell12 / July 22, 2013 8:52 PM PDT

Got over £3k's worth of Alienware laptop, my third top of the range laptop from them.

It was disgnosed with a hardware fault on Friday afternoon - too late to organise an engineer call out for Monday, which was fair enough given the time, so expecting a call from their service agent (Wang) on Monday.

Monday 3pm, no call, so I call up Dell Support to ask where my engineer booking call is....they are only able to email the service agent, didn't have a phone number for them...so ok email em.

5pm - call support again, they look up the history and state that the agent had called at 4:55 and couldn't get through - turns out the Slovakian support guy on Friday took the number down wrong.....

Eventually, I get to speak to the engineer who is "very busy" and can't make it as per the "Next Business Day" contract - call Dell to complain and am told that actually their "Next Business Day" SLA isn't actually Next Business Day, becuase it is a "consumer" product?????, it doesn't qualify for NBD!! £3K+ is a consumer product in their eyes the same SLA as their £300 laptops!!!!!

I also cannot believe that their £3k+ laptop that is 2yrs old is also unsupported on windows 8, becuase they don't think it worthwhile to update their drivers to support win8.

Upshot is that they simply do not provide the service that their top of the range equipment warrants.

There won't be a fourth top of the range Dell laptop arriving next year, that's for sure.

Collapse -
Same problem - Alienware M17x TERRIBLE SUPPORT
by karen852 / February 17, 2014 1:25 PM PST

I have an Alienware M17x which has had the exact same problem. I have a next business day warranty included in my computer package.

I called customer support on the 12th Jan to tell them my graphics card kept crashing and issuing a blue screen to my computer. This is an issue that has happened at least 10 times in the past, and the graphics card has always been replaced to just go on and die again. The tech team told me the engineer would contact me the next day to arrange an appointment. I waited until the 14th of Jan and no one had called. I called Dell again and asked them to book the engineer. Nothing. It wasn't until the week of the 20th that an engineer was booked to come to my house finally. I took the day off of work to ensure I could be home when he arrived, which was supposed to be between 12-3pm. At 3PM, I had heard nothing, so I called the Engineer to find out his status. His reply shocked me, "Dell sent the wrong parts, we are not coming today". Great. I call Dell up once again (about the sixth time now about this issue), who tell me they will arrange for someone to come after my working hours so that this doesn't happen again. A guy comes to my house on the 21st of Jan 3 hours earlier than they had stated (thankfully my housemate was home) and starts replacing parts to my computer. 3 hours later he comes out and tells my housemate that the computer will no longer switch on and that he will have to take the computer back to his office.

It is now the 18th of February. I have not had a computer for over 22 days. I have repeatedly called Dell, who can only say, "Sorry for the inconvenience". I have tried complaining via their customer service team, who took 3 weeks to call me to say the same thing. I have spoken to their Twitter support, who tell me because my computer is in Asia, they cannot help me.

This is shocking for a computer that is supposed to be worth over $20,000 HKD. If anyone is even contemplating buying an Alienware I would advise you heavily against it: the amount of time I have spent on the phone to the team is nearing the 100 hour mark in the last 2 years. The number of times an engineer has come out to replace parts for my computer cannot even be counted by the fingers on my two hands. It is disgusting, shocking, disrespectful and utterly outrageous that a company can get away with such ludicrous behaviour.

Save yourself the hassle and DO NOT BUY DELL OR ALIENWARE.

Collapse -
Surrounded by Dell at the office.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 18, 2014 6:04 AM PST
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.