Desktops

General discussion

DELL CUSTOMER SERVICE HORRIBLE!

by dogman34 / October 31, 2006 9:41 AM PST

I wanted to order a system from dell, So I called to order. After going through their Automated maze for 5 minutes. Then I finally got to a customer service rep. They kept on putting me on hold, after 15 minutes a person finally came on and asked what I was interested in, then again I was put on hold. I just hung up and ordered a computer from HP. They at least understood english, took the order correctly, actually were computer savvy. And they made a $800 sale in 20 minutes.

Dell just sucks. And their computers are garbage also. Too bad society only goes to dell for the cheap price and not the overall compatability and quality of a system.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: DELL CUSTOMER SERVICE HORRIBLE!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: DELL CUSTOMER SERVICE HORRIBLE!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Horrible!!! Nice joke
by shoparavind / October 31, 2006 10:29 AM PST

Hai

Till this date, i have been a Preferred Dell Customer.

I have bought nearly 7 Laptops from Dell (For Me and my friends). They have a wonderful price range, awesome components to choose from and customer support.

Never had a problem with them.

If u really need to compare ur deal made with Hp, go to dell.com and compare the same configuration with Dell. u will certainly going to feel like a LOOSER.

Dont give people a wrong impression just because u r not able to live up with the world. I mean to say "USA is not the only country which speaks English"

all the best with ur computer

Collapse -
Speaking of losers...
by asheints / October 31, 2006 11:00 AM PST
In reply to: Horrible!!! Nice joke

USA may not be the only country which speaks English, but whatever country you are at certainly doesn't, judging by your post. Dell service is indeed horrible, not only because of the language problems, which are undeniable, but because Dell's Indian customer support stuff is rude, incompetent and generally is a bunch of LOSERS (see how I spelled it ?)
And about ''u r not able to live up with the world'' - if you and other Preferred Dell Customers represent the world, its a sad state of affairs.

Collapse -
Dell Customer
by bjsanj / October 31, 2006 10:52 AM PST

I just received shipment of my order from DELL today, less than 24 hours since I ordered it yesterday. To me, great service! Bought computers and printers too and no problems encountered so far!

Ben

Collapse -
Dell XPS and Tech Support isn't much better
by MerimaxFilms / October 31, 2006 10:52 AM PST

I figured since I used a Dell Laptop for work ( I haven?t had any problems) I would give their desktop systems a try, BIG MISTAKE. So far I have had my XPS400 less then 3 months and I have had to replace:1 video card (took 3 weeks to get in), 2 motherboards, 1 processor, and 2 new memory sticks, and NOW 1 CPU cooling fan. I tell you so far the only thing about this system that hasn?t failed is the LCD (knock on wood). This will BE MY LAST Personal purchase from DELL. Tech support is a joke half the time you can?t understand them as they are in India. What a POS!!!. I am only hoping that this system makes it a year. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Collapse -
You were lucky...
by asheints / October 31, 2006 11:06 AM PST

I got screwed AFTER I purchased mine. CD drive failed 2 days later. Dell's outsourced support is indeed a joke, not only they don't speak English, they are generally inept and extremely rude. I've been hung upon numerouse times just to get an RMA to return the CD drive. I can't wait for class action lawsuit to end this BS once and for all.

Collapse -
WAIT UNTIL YOUR HARD DRIVE CRASHES !!!
by Scrotes4Life / October 31, 2006 12:15 PM PST

I had a hard drive failure. The HD didn't crash under a warranty covered problem. Dell Said: "No problem! We'll honor your coverage - just be sure to buy your new hard drive from us." I had no intention of paying 199.00 for a 56.00 hard drive. So much for warranty.

Collapse -
Its all relative
by Willy / October 31, 2006 2:14 PM PST

Remember what you mentioned about Dell as it *may* apply to HP as well. Many an OEM co. just don't offer decent support anymore w/o alot of hemming and hawing(sp) so just keep that in mind. But, that can change overtime, as I pissed and moaned about eMachines for a longtime and they seemed to have gotten thier act together, but again it could change as now they're owned by Gateway. Gateway was great some yrs. ago but seemed to have fallen too, IMHO. Well, anyways, thier lost is my gain as a tech..

tada -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
dogman34 about DELL
by Basket628 / October 31, 2006 7:35 PM PST
In reply to: Its all relative

dogman34 you saying there support is bad and there computer why did you even call them in the first place that does not make any since does not matter if its DELL or HP they use the same parts from intel seagate maxtor same parts just a different name on the system they us a OEM version of the windows xp just like any other company puts in

Collapse -
Worth mentionig...
by Willy / October 31, 2006 11:11 PM PST
In reply to: dogman34 about DELL

Dogman34 can be considered lucky as he/she found that even to place an order was a hassle.

While other OEMs do use many of the same suppliers and usual manufacture what does differenate them is "service" after the sale. Regardless of the reasons, too often recently many just don't cut it no more. I'm sure part of it is the slim profit margin they make and it order to increase or maintain profits look internally to cut costs and all too often that's "service related". While this offshore outsourcing make sense to bean counters, it really hurts in the long run the OEM, thier short profit fix won't last. I know of many that refuse because of thier experiences to deal again with an OEM. But, it seems new buyers and/or big purchase users go right back into the mouths of the OEMs. All assurances that service corrections are forthcoming rarely do for long or is just lip service. It seems more and more smaller but large local or 3rd party independats are growing. Remember, Dell was a tabletop operation against IBM and Tandy, etc. some years back, did well. The same can be said of others.

adios -----Willy Happy

Collapse -
Re: Worth Mentioning...
by stonehkm / November 1, 2006 8:19 AM PST
In reply to: Worth mentionig...

I have an eMachine T6212 with numerous upgrades installed. Support? A joke as with Dell etc.
I suggest a system builder, cheaper and little support, but you have mor ability to configure your way.
Cyberpower will build my next rig:)

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.