Samsung

General discussion

Deleting a channel?

by tfierens / January 8, 2009 8:40 AM PST

Hi,

I've recently got a 40' Samsung Series 6 and I want to know and how to delete channels that were created via the auto-store?

It has duplicate channels and I simply want to remove them as I do not like have to flicker through channels I already have defined elsewhere.

I've looked through the manual, the web and the Menu of the TV and I cannot find anything on how to do this?

Can you please help?

Thanks.

T.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Deleting a channel?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Deleting a channel?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Page 37
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 13, 2009 12:12 PM PST
In reply to: Deleting a channel?

Sorry for the delay, and thanks for your patience.

Page 37 lists how to erase and add channels that were loaded during the auto-tune function. This should help get rid of those unwanted channels.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Blocking adult channels on freeview
by Tallulahxx / March 3, 2011 5:41 PM PST
In reply to: Page 37

Hi does anybody know how to block adult channels on freeview on my samsung lcd tv. the model number is sp01.
Ive tried but cannot seem to work it out and i have just become a foster carer and would like to keep the children in my care safe.
Any help would be so greatful
Thank you.

Collapse -
Re: freeview
by Kees_B Forum moderator / March 3, 2011 6:03 PM PST

As far as I can see at http://www.freeview.co.uk/ freeview is a hardware box, totally independent of your TV. That box lets you choose from channels, and any channel you choose is just displayed on the TV, be it a Samsung or a LG or a Sony. So blocking channels (or password protecting them) should be done via the box. How to do that should be in the freeview manuals and help stuff.

It might matter what kind of subscription you have: normal, HD, or +HD. If you can tell that, maybe one of our UK members knows more about the blocking.

Kees

Collapse -
Parental Controls.
by MarkFlax Forum moderator / March 3, 2011 8:49 PM PST

Well I use Freeview myself so next time I am using it I will check the options, but I found this at Freeview's own web site;

"Does Freeview have a parental lock facility?

All programmes are broadcast without viewing restrictions. Some digital boxes and TVs have a parental lock included in their specification which will enable you to control what can be viewed. We recommend speaking to your local retailer for more information
".

http://www.freeview.co.uk/Resolutions/About-Products/General/Does-Freeview-have-a-parental-lock-facility

So it looks like it depends which digital box you have.

Mark

Collapse -
deleting a channel
by gunboyz / March 17, 2011 11:32 AM PDT

I have the same problem, I have a unc55 6400 series. In the tools there is no DELETE option. My series 6 LED tv user manual has photos and playing multiple files on page 37???

Collapse -
deleting a channel on Samsung smart TV
by victormoo / May 15, 2011 11:55 AM PDT
In reply to: deleting a channel

An alternative is to add the channels in the same group of favorites, then in the function "smart hub" there is a option "favorites" where you can select the group( "enter" in one channel inside), this action leaves only active channels you had selected previusly.

Collapse -
deleteing channels
by caltonis-22269501426647984994812572886615 / June 7, 2011 3:40 AM PDT

I
have the same problem, I have a un d40 6000 series, serial no.z2zf3ceb418787. In the "tools" there
is no DELETE option. My series 6 LED tv user manual has photos and
playing multiple files on page 37??? I note that several posters are having the same result, vis a vis that when "tool" is activated in the channel mode, there is no "delete" option in the pull down menu. I have an ln40a650 which does have the delete option under tools, but no such option is apparent on this model. Is it a software glitch?

Collapse -
deleting
by gunboyz / March 17, 2011 11:33 AM PDT

did you get an answer because p37 doesnt help me at all??

Collapse -
Deleting a channel on Samsung UN55D6050TFZXA television
by maxguard / August 8, 2011 4:43 PM PDT

The only way to delete channels is as follows:

1. Press SMART on your remote
2. Select "Channel"
3. Select the channel you want to delete
4. Go to upper right hand corner and select the small icon on the right with check mark symbols on it
5. Now you can delete that channel.

Maxguard

Collapse -
Editing unwanted channels
by 145254ss / October 19, 2012 2:07 PM PDT

This worked great! You da man Dude!

Collapse -
Thanks!
by Seano321 / December 1, 2012 9:10 AM PST

Thanks mate! More helpful than Samsung!

Collapse -
Thank you so much!
by Tygress233 / August 5, 2013 2:24 AM PDT

I spent 20 minutes trying to figure this out myself, read the manual, google searched - thank you for actually helping me to delete these channels!!!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.