How To forum

Question

delete printer files

by Socialhelp / January 10, 2013 6:17 AM PST

I tried to delete my printer from my computer files, on my control panel, it did it out of control panel, but it is still in my E drive, so I can not reinstall my printer, as when I insert the disc, it says E drive is full. I am certain it still has not uninstalled the printer files completely.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: delete printer files
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: delete printer files
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
So why not delete them?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 10, 2013 6:30 AM PST
In reply to: delete printer files

You claim you see them on the E drive so why not boot SAFE MODE and then find them again and move them to the recycle bin?

Also, given the slim details, I can't guess if you need that HP Printer/scanner cleanup tool.
Bob

Collapse -
PS. Drive full.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 10, 2013 6:31 AM PST

Well that's easy to cure. Move files to other places.

Collapse -
Moving files
by Socialhelp / January 10, 2013 6:49 AM PST
In reply to: PS. Drive full.

How do I move files to other drives?

Collapse -
You don't.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 10, 2013 6:51 AM PST
In reply to: Moving files

In this case it appears you need to take some beginner classes or a short course such as a Windows 101 class. Moving your file from one place to another is considered something you should learn before you begin installing drivers and applications.
Bob

Collapse -
Link, comment.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 10, 2013 6:37 AM PST
Collapse -
Make
by Socialhelp / January 10, 2013 6:53 AM PST
In reply to: Link, comment.

Computer is HP 2000, with windows 7, printer is HP Photosmart Premium eAll-inOne, Model C310A.

Collapse -
Safe Mode
by Socialhelp / January 10, 2013 6:43 AM PST

Not sure what the Safe Mode is. Can I delete files in E drive easily?

Collapse -
I can.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 10, 2013 6:48 AM PST
In reply to: Safe Mode

But for now let's get more details. Again, such is asked each time you post.

"If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended."

As to safe mode, any search engine finds how to get there so I'll stop here.
Bob

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: delete printer files
by Kees_B Forum moderator / January 10, 2013 6:30 AM PST

You don't tell your OS, but in Windows 7 I uninstall a printer from Start>Devices and Printers. But http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/Add-or-remove-a-printer shows it can be done from Control Panel also. I assume that's the way you did it.

What is your e:-drive? I've never seen a PC where Windows (and the drivers) weren't on the c:-drive. And can you delete (other) files from that e:-drive?

Kees

Collapse -
E Drive
by Socialhelp / January 10, 2013 6:41 AM PST

I have always had everything go to C drive to be installed also, not sure exactly what to do.

Collapse -
Answer
Normally drivers go on your C: drive, not E:
by wpgwpg / January 10, 2013 6:33 AM PST

Why the E: drive and not the C: drive? What's on the E: drive? If you really need space on the E: drive, can't you move something off it to free up space? And why are you trying to uninstall the printer and reinstall it? Lots of unanswered questions here.

Collapse -
Delete Printer
by Socialhelp / January 10, 2013 6:47 AM PST

I was having trouble with my HP computer, it was very slow, & I thought maybe my printer was the problem, now my computer is okay, & I want my printer reinstalled. The disc keeps saying E drive is full when I insert the disc to install my Hp printer.

Collapse -
If you want help, answer the questions
by wpgwpg / January 10, 2013 10:12 AM PST
In reply to: Delete Printer

You aren't answering the questions that've been asked of you. If you want help, you need to answer them.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.