PC Applications

Question

Data recovery from flash drives

by trane17 / May 9, 2013 10:55 PM PDT

I was taking pictures at the wedding, and examining the resulting images, they turned out great. Went home, found that the flash card is empty and photos no. How is this possible? And can they be restored?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Data recovery from flash drives
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Data recovery from flash drives
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Did you try Recuva?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 9, 2013 11:12 PM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
Data recovery from flash drives
by Harshada321 / May 27, 2013 3:52 PM PDT

Card Data Recovery is one of the best programs to solve your data loss issue on flash drive. This software is fully compatible with Windows computer and Mac. With its help, you can easily restore photoss, audios, videos, office documents and other type of files from your flash drive easily in minutes.

Here are 3 easy steps to recover data from flash drive in a few mouse clicks.

Now let's perform the flash drive recovery with Card Data Recovery on yoru computer after download the program and install it.
Step 1. Select "Lost File Recovery" mode to process the flash drive Recovery
Firstly you need to connect your flash drive with your computer and be sure that it can be recognized as a hard drive on your computer.
Then launch the program, you will see a window that offers 3 recovery modes for you. You can select "Lost File Recovery" mode to start the recovery.
Step 2. Select your USB flash drive to scan for lost files
The program will then list all hard drives on your computer, including your flash drive. You just need to select the one for your flash drive and click "Scan" to continue. The program will search your flash drive automatically.
Step 3. Recover files from flash drive selectively
When the scan is finished, the found contents will be listed in category and path. You can check them one by one so as to make sure whether they are what you are going to recover or not.

In the end, you can recover them selectively and save them to your computer by clicking "Recover". Do not forget to set a folder to "Save" your recovered files.

Note: Please do not save the recovered files back to your flash drive immediately after the recovery. Otherwise they might all be overwritten.

That is all for flash drive recovery.

Collapse -
Answer
many recovery tools are available
by xyvz / May 29, 2013 7:27 PM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
Recover your data from this falsh drive.
by sLong532524df / June 23, 2013 4:47 PM PDT

Have you restored your data back now? Are you sure you've saved all your taken photos on the inner memory card?

One can always restore his data back from a memory card or hard drive when he has saved the data. So, if you have not save it well, I am sorry, I think I cannot help you.

But, if you absolutely saved it there, I think you may have chances to get them all back.
1). Connect this memory card to your computer via a card Reader at first.
2). Do not save new files on this card in case of overwriting your original data.
3). Download some data recovery software to get back your data.
In my experiences, there are several drive data recovery freeware that could work much more efficient than some paid ones, such as Recuva, Power Data Recovery and iCare Data Recovery Free, etc.
4). Restore your data carefully by following the instructions.
5). Do not save the restored photos on the same card in case that everything would mess up.

Note: Learn to back up all your needed data all the time in the future.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.