Samsung forum

General discussion

Crystal Surround Air Track, Subwoofer will not link

by jdlarabee / November 7, 2009 2:18 PM PST

I just purchased a Samsung Crystal Surround Air Track (HT-WS1R) to go with a Panasonic G10 tv. I am unable to get the subwoofer to link to the main speaker unit. The subwoofer just sits in standby mode. I've tried using the 'id set' procedure and still no luck. The blue link light will flash a few times before returning to the red light standby mode.

Any ideas?

J.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Crystal Surround Air Track, Subwoofer will not link
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Crystal Surround Air Track, Subwoofer will not link
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Crystal Surround Air Track, Subwoofer will not link
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 9, 2009 11:45 AM PST

jdlarabee,

There are some additional instructions available online at this link, so maybe looking at the setup procedure with a more detailed explanation may help.

http://tinyurl.com/yf3cf5y

Does that help?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Wireless not connecting the subwoofer
by beranacc / December 29, 2009 11:59 PM PST

Hi,

I have just purchased the Air Track and have the same problem: can't connect the subwoofer to the main unit. I have tried several times to pair the two, following the instructions - but no success.

I also think that the sound is rather low - barely above the TV sets internal speakers.

Collapse -
Won't turn off
by beranacc / December 30, 2009 12:02 AM PST

The Air Track also wont go in standby mode. It does for a few seconds, but then turns back on automatically.

Actually this is a real disappointment:

1) The volume is low
2) The subwoofer won't connect
3) It won't turn off!

All in all - I think I will return it.

Collapse -
Found solution
by beranacc / December 31, 2009 12:36 AM PST
In reply to: Won't turn off

OK, I found some solutions that you may appreciate:

1) Sound to low (that is al relative) - remember to turn on the source of your sound. DVD, Cable tv-box etc.

2) Can't turn it off. This happens because the television is turned on, and a signal is sent through the cable. You have to turn your TV off to turn the Air Track off.

3) Can't connect wireless to the subwoofer. It's partly because of the previous item - you have do the connect procedure WITH THE TV SET TURNED OFF.

Hope this helps... Happy new year..

Beranac - Montenegro

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Forums

Looking for tech help?

Whether you’re looking for dependable tech advice or offering helpful tricks, join the conversation in our forums.