Samsung forum

Resolved Question

Crystal Surround Air Track...No Sound?

by DBM1948 / November 19, 2012 5:15 AM PST

I just got a Crystal Surrround Air Track and plugged in the optical cable to the unit and my Samsung TV.. I have no sound in the sound bar.. tried switching between the TV spekers and the sound bar, but that does not seem to work.

The TV is connected to an ATT Uverse cable box with cables for video and audio. Want am I doing wrong?

DBM1948 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Crystal Surround Air Track...No Sound?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Crystal Surround Air Track...No Sound?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by DBM1948

Collapse -
Re: Crystal Surround Air Track...No Sound?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 19, 2012 7:21 AM PST

Hi DBM1948,

Very sorry to hear about this. Please provide the complete model codes for these devices.

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
Model #
by DBM1948 / November 19, 2012 9:16 AM PST

The Sound bar is HW-E450C and the TV is HL- S5087W

I tried the BlueTooth connection to the sound bar and that works with my iphone. After thinking about this for awhile, I thought I needed to switch the TV from internal speaker to external speaker...I checked in the "Sound" menu but there is no option to do that switch, which seems strange to me. So now I'm wondering if the issue is with the TV. I have tried to connect the optical cable from the set top box directly to the sound bar...that doid not work.. still no sound, and I tried the HDMI cable, but no sound from the TV to the sound bar...any suggestions??

Collapse -
Re: Crystal Surround Air Track...No Sound?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 20, 2012 3:19 AM PST
In reply to: Model #

Hi DBM1948,

I suppose you've already tried switching inputs on the sound bar itself. (If not, do so.) May I ask if it ever worked, or is this a brand new device?

HD Tech

Collapse -
Yes to Inputs
by DBM1948 / November 20, 2012 5:52 AM PST

Yes, the unit is new and I did go through all the inputs... good news thought, I unhooked everything powered everything down and started from scratch.. this time it worked. So all is well... thanks.

Collapse -
HW-450 No Sound
by Katrina504 / November 23, 2012 6:46 AM PST

I have the same issue, with new HW-E450. My Samsung tv has only HDMI In connections, no Outs, so the instructions are useless. TV is model UN46B8000XFXZA. Please help.

Collapse -
same problem
by kbennett65 / November 23, 2012 9:29 PM PST
In reply to: HW-450 No Sound

Same issue here. I have the Samsung HW-E450 sound bar and an RCA 42" Plasma HDTV [model number 42pa30rq] and the digital audio cable connection will not work. The tv only has HDMI in[ 4 of them] but no HDMI out so that won't work either. I can get the sound bar to work with the included audio cable but that doesn't bypass my tv speakers so i can't control the soundbar volume with my tv/cable rermote

Collapse -
Same issue
by Jericho9mm / November 25, 2012 5:17 AM PST

Hello, I have the same issue with mine, the same TV model and sound bar... I hooked up the HDMI sound bar to the Blue ray player (another samsung) and that's the only time it plays (plus the blue tooth), when I use the sound bar on regular cable, the sound bar doesn't work.... I followed the instructions and actually called some techs and they can't figure out the problem... The store where I bought the sound bar said use an optic cable, which I purchased but have to return because the plug size is too long and I cannot plug it in..... any help???? Thanks!!!!

Collapse -
Success
by Katrina504 / November 25, 2012 6:36 AM PST

Using an optical audio cable from the Soundbar to the TV I was able to get the sound to work

Collapse -
Follow up
by DBM1948 / November 19, 2012 10:24 PM PST

I tried to hook up the sound bar to another TV...using the optical cable and the HDMI result nothing ...no sound.

Collapse -
crystal surround air track no sound
by verybetty / November 20, 2012 7:37 PM PST
In reply to: Follow up

i too am experiencing this problem.
tv model 40ue5300 and air track model number hw e450
i tried all of the above but still no sound from the bar.

Collapse -
crystal surround air track no sound
by verybetty / November 20, 2012 7:48 PM PST
In reply to: Follow up

it only works via hdmi.
sorted it myself.

Collapse -
HDMI Sound on HW-E450 and UE46ES6710 not working!
by satnamd / November 24, 2012 5:10 AM PST

I have Samsung HW-E450 Bluetooth Home Cinema Sound Bar and connecting it to Samsung UE46ES6710 LED HD 1080p 3D Smart TV, 46 Inch with Freeview/Freesat HD.

The sound does not work at all and I've attempted to try all and still nothing. The AUX and all other modes work no problem, but nothing with HDMI!!! HELP??

verybetty, how did you sort it?

Collapse -
Answer
Getting sound from your Samsung Crystal Airtrack
by Aguilarlr / December 21, 2012 10:34 AM PST

I had the same problem but figured it out. I used the HDMI (ARC) output on the back of my tv. I then plugged the HDMI cable to the HDMI OUT connection on the air track. I switched from tv speaker to external speaker in my tv settings. I turned on the air track and changed the source by pressing the F button on the air track until TV ARC displays on the front of the air track. I thought HDMI should display but you have to keep pressing until TV ARC is displayed. It should work.

Collapse -
Getting the sound.... GOOD!!!
by Jericho9mm / December 21, 2012 1:16 PM PST

Hello, I actually did all that and actually works... the problem was when I was using the TV and the sound bar only. So I used an optical digital cable too, and it works.... Now I'm using the digital anynet set up of samsung and works like a champ... thank you all!

Collapse -
Answer
Sometimes the obvious is the hardest to see
by CaptAdams35 / April 1, 2013 3:08 PM PDT

If you have 2 devices you want to run through the AirTrack to your Samsung tv, follow these quick and simple instructions. It will take you longer to unpack everything than it will to connect and check for proper function.

You will need the following:
HDMI cables x 3
Optical audio cable x 1

Step 1: Connect your primary device (cable box, game system, or video disc player) to the tv directly via HDMI cable to HDMI-1 port and connect the optical audio cable from cable box to airtrack

Step 2: Connect secondary device (cable box, game system, or video disc player) to airtrack "input" via HDMI cable and connect airtrack "output" to tv HDMI-2 via HDMI

Step 3: Switch to HDMI-1 in source list on tv and switch to D. In (digital in) channel on airtrack

Step 4: Switch to HDMI-2 in source list on tv and switch to HDMI channel on airtrack

Collapse -
Answer
not conecting
by kittytds / December 20, 2013 4:16 AM PST

Call uverse and they will tell you step by step how to it I had the same problem but don't really remember how to do it but contact them and they will help you

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.