Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Creatve Zen won't turn off

by mitch19901990 / November 19, 2006 7:00 AM PST

Does anybody else have this problem? I'll turn off, it will shut down, then it turns back on again after a few seconds. I tryed using the hold button but it doesn't make a difference. It's really anoying because now in order to turn it off I need to take the battery out.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Creatve Zen won't turn off
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Creatve Zen won't turn off
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
quote, link.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 19, 2006 7:12 AM PST

"(2) This operation is new. With the player turned OFF if you connect the player to the computer via the cable, the player will turn-on to the "Music" screen and you can listed to your music. Also the small charging icon will be indicated. So you can now charge your player while you listen to your music. If you try to turn off the player by pushing the pwr button the player scree will change to a large charging icon, but you'll not be able to listen to music. No other functions will work in this charging only operation. If you try to continue to turn-off the player, the player will go into "System Restart" and retun back to the first operation of MUSIC/CHARGING. You can't turn-off the player under these condition by using the pwr button. During this operation the computer will NOT indicate your player is connected and you can't perform any player operation using the computer. When you want to turn the player off, you have to disconnect the cable.

What the new firmware has provided is the ability to listen to music while charing via of the USB port, and a separate charging only operation without music, as indicated in (2).

Also we still have the normal fuction of maintenace of files and charging as indicated in (1).

You chose which operation you want by connecting the cable while the player is turned ON or OFF.

ON is normal operation and OFF is the new combination operation."

There are others like this at www.anythingbutipod.com

Collapse -
Creative Zen won't turn off
by GuRaQT12 / February 3, 2009 9:01 PM PST

Yes, I have the same problem. In fact, the direction state to NOT disconnect the Zen from your pc if the d/l icon is on the screen. In order for me to remove this d/l icon, I have to literally shut my pc down. Also, removing any batter from a devise that is ON can and will damage the battery. The directions that come with the Zen DO NOT TELL YOU how to turn it off. Mine turns off when the battery goes dead. It is frustrating. I bought the 16gb Zen so I could carry my favorite movies with me, THAT I ALREADY PAID FOR. I cannot download them onto my Zen. The only movies I can download are the one's I take myself.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.