Windows Legacy OS forum

General discussion

Creative PCI (ES1371, ES1373) Driver for Windows XP

by needjjrr / April 27, 2005 6:38 AM PDT

Is there such driver. I have Upgraded the OS on my computer to Windows XP form Windows 98 Second Edition and I have no sound. I was told it was the driver for my sound card. The sound card is a Creative PCI (ES1371, ES1373). I have check with Creative Labs and they have no info. Is there a driver for Windows XP or do I need a new Sound Card.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Creative PCI (ES1371, ES1373) Driver for Windows XP
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Creative PCI (ES1371, ES1373) Driver for Windows XP
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Which card is this?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 27, 2005 8:31 AM PDT

Look for some CT_ _ _ _ (fill in the 4 digit number on the card.

Bob

Collapse -
Try here.
by Stan Chambers / April 27, 2005 10:02 AM PDT
Collapse -
by emno / May 22, 2005 7:13 AM PDT

gg

Collapse -
Its actually an Ensoniq with a creative sticker!!!
by AussiePete / May 22, 2005 8:04 AM PDT
Collapse -
Similar (same?) at Gateway.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 22, 2005 8:21 AM PDT
Collapse -
Gateway Driver
by needjjrr / May 26, 2005 12:57 AM PDT

Thank you, finally some great answers. My computer is a gateway computer. It does sound like the card is an Ensoniq. I downloaded the new driver from Gateway suggested link. I got my sound speaker icon back and the mixer back on my desktop, but still no sound. I restarted computer and try downloading driver a couple of more times and still no sound. Everything looks like it should. Could I just have a defective card? I have not attempted to open CPU to look inside. Please keep helping. Thank you.

Collapse -
Ensoniq Card.
by needjjrr / May 26, 2005 1:37 AM PDT

You are probably right, it sounds like you are leading me to the right track here. I have signed up to the suggested driver site. Would I have a problem trying different sound card drivers? What would be the ideal way to do this? This site offers different drivers. If one does not work, can I just try downloading another until one works or do I have to follow some procedures to keep trying different drivers? Thank you, so much for your assistance. I greatly appreciated.

Collapse -
The link I gave you ..
by AussiePete / May 26, 2005 2:01 AM PDT
In reply to: Ensoniq Card.

directs you directly to the download page of one particular driver - so sign in to the web site then cut and past my link - down load the driver and install the driver - if it doesn't work just use the restore previous driver in device manager - now (from memory) there is a subtle difference between the driver for the ES1373 and the one for ES1371/ES1373 ie your card maybe a ES1371 follow! In which case the ES1371 is not suitable - the driver Bob proffitt has suggested is for a ES1373 so that may not be suitable - by the way the prefix "ES" stands for EnSoniq!
One other thing make sure "wave out" is not muted in the volume control panel and is turned up - you may also be having trouble with found if you have a voice modem and something is wrong in that department (ie wrong voice modem driver). Also make sure your speakers are plugged into the output plug!!
Do you get any sound at all ???

Collapse -
No Sound !!!!
by needjjrr / May 27, 2005 12:40 AM PDT
In reply to: The link I gave you ..

Ok, I downloaded the suggested driver and still no sound. I double checked speaker wires and volume control. I went into the volume control panel and check that all where not muted. I could not find a "wave out" as suggested. Am I doing something wrong? Try loading it suggested driver twice and still no "harmony". No sound at all. Any more great idals? Thank you

Collapse -
See if it is a WIndows issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 27, 2005 1:08 AM PDT
In reply to: No Sound !!!!

Download the GEEXBOX CD and boot it up, pop in a DVD and play it. I think it plays Audic CDs too. It not, then you have bum hardware or speakers.

Bob

Collapse -
Wave out
by AussiePete / May 27, 2005 2:59 PM PDT
In reply to: No Sound !!!!

in volume control - click on options then properties - make sure "play back is selected and you device is listed above in the box - then put a tick in "wave" click OK - now the "wave" volume setting column should be shown - make sure it doesn't have "mute" checked and that sound is up
Peter

Collapse -
One more thing
by AussiePete / May 27, 2005 3:05 PM PDT
In reply to: Wave out

If you have a voice modem you need to delete all sound drivers in device manager and let the system find them on reboot - (ie the sound card drivers should be installed before the voice modem drivers I have found from experiance).
Peter

Collapse -
http://members.driverguide.com/driver/detail.php?driverid=45
by needjjrr / May 27, 2005 4:41 PM PDT
In reply to: One more thing

In frustration and after an intensive long search for the correct driver, I kept trying the different drivers from DriverGuide.com. Keeping in mind mojodevo's suggestion that WDM Driver would work better for XP. I finally found the above listed driver, listed on the subject title. Thank you for all your help and imput. I greatly appreciated.

Collapse -
Since you say you have the sound icon
by TONI H / May 26, 2005 6:26 AM PDT
In reply to: Ensoniq Card.

at the clock area now, go to Control Panel/Sound and make sure that you look at the drop down arrows in Playback and Record to make sure the card is listed there, and make sure it's in the window. I just had this same problem after installing new drivers for a different card in a Dell, and once I enabled/chose the correct device in those drop down arrows, the sound came in immediately. It had somehow defaulted in those areas to the modem audio on its own....

TONI

Collapse -
ES1371, 1373 are WDM Drivers from MX SP
by mojodevo / May 27, 2005 2:38 AM PDT

The card you have is an old version from Creative Labs.
It is a good sound card, BTW - I also use this card to do multi-track recording all the time.

XP (& xp Pro) prefers WDM drivers, the latest drivers for most sound cards. BUT - Creative doesn't have the updated drivers (Been there done that too) So XP came up with them from "somewhere"...

THe WDM drivers work best, just go into the sound card setup (Creative Mixer) and make sure you have everything selected properly and lines to your sound system appropriately plugged.

Collapse -
WDM Driver - was the correct choice.
by needjjrr / May 27, 2005 4:18 PM PDT

Your advise was very helpfull in looking for the correct driver. I finally found the correct WDM driver in DriverGuide.com. Thank you for your input.

Collapse -
XP driver for ES1371 card
by Maurice Mizrahi / June 12, 2005 1:36 AM PDT

I have the same problem. Could you give me a link to the driver that finally worked for you?

Thanks!

Collapse -
They are in the XP system
by AussiePete / June 12, 2005 1:59 AM PDT

just click on your audio driver and select update - select :
"No not this time" then
"install from a list or specified location"
then:-
"Dont search, I will choose the driver myself"
Then a list should appear with a WMD driver to suite your modem, select and press OK
Peter

Collapse -
Still no sound
by Maurice Mizrahi / June 14, 2005 12:20 PM PDT

I tried what you said, found 4 drivers, but none of them worked. Sad

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) "the" maurice mizrachi? bakarat ichut maurice?
by jonah jones / June 14, 2005 12:25 PM PDT
In reply to: Still no sound
Collapse -
lest people think i'm cursing Maurice
by jonah jones / June 14, 2005 12:27 PM PDT

bakarat ichut=Quality Control

jonah

Collapse -
(NT) (NT) oops! just spoke to "the" maurice, he's not you :)
by jonah jones / June 14, 2005 6:21 PM PDT
Collapse -
Response Shown
by needjjrr / June 13, 2005 12:28 AM PDT

Here - If you have read all of this discussion, I was intructed to subscribe to DriverGuide.com, once you have done this they will let you in to their driver search engines. You can try what work for me : )http://members.driverguide.com /driver/detail.php?driverid=45 or keep trying other available drivers.

Collapse -
similar sound problem
by Locolo / June 14, 2005 12:08 AM PDT
In reply to: Response Shown

I have the same soundcard. Only diffrence is, I can hear sound but my microphone does not work. There is nothing wrong with the mic, it has something to do with the soundcard. the "advance" button for "voice recording" on the "voice" tab is greyed out in the "sound and Audio Devices Properties" window.
The mic worked propperly until +-2 weeks ago when it just stopped.
I have format my pc and re-installed everything, but still same problem

My system is: Win XP Proffesional, SP1 + SP2, 256MB DDR RAM, 1,6GHz P4.

Collapse -
Have you tried
by AussiePete / June 14, 2005 6:34 AM PDT
In reply to: similar sound problem

1/ the "test hardware" under the voice tab
2/ also volume\advanced and volume\options - and generally check settings under all tab and sub items.
3/ any errors in device manager
4/ checked your MIC
Just because the advanced is greed out doesn't mean there is something wrong - mine is.

Peter

Collapse -
x64 ?
by k7formi / January 19, 2010 7:46 AM PST

anyone got to make this sound card work on win XP 64 bit ?

Collapse -
Creative PCI (ES1371, ES1373) Driver for Windows XP
by zyff / July 14, 2005 1:57 AM PDT

Hi der, i'm zyff here.. i'm having the same sound card as yours but i have no problem in that. I'm using windows XP paltform and it outo detect the said sound card.

1. I have a few questions to ask regarding your problem.Is your current motherboard had a build in sound card? If yes did u deactivate it? You can give it a try at the Bios setup environment and disable your build in sound card.

2. Did your operating system detect your Creative PCI (ES1371, ES1373)sound card at the device manager? If yes try to dismount the card from the pci slot's and try this trick. a)beneath the card there's a copper plate. b) take an eraser and try to clean up those copper plates by brushing on it (both side) c) after the cleaning u can see the cooper plate will look as good as new after brushing off those tiny debris made by the eraser. d)mount it back to the pci slot and start your pc.

3. Good luck ! ( Don't waste your time browsing for the driver at Creative page.. ) They don't have it..

zyff

Collapse -
Creative pcl
by dwood18 / August 19, 2005 6:31 AM PDT

When I was updating xp it said that I had and Hardware update pcl es1371/es1373 never had any luck with MS HW updates that was when I found this forum!You all said sound Card I knew that I had the Creative PCL 128 I got drivers only for the 128 card for XP I have had no trouble with them
DWOOD18

Collapse -
kkdffk kladlfkjkfjas iieurieworq oiwerewo oreiri
by vannhan / August 25, 2005 1:51 PM PDT

thanks

Collapse -
downloading a software for my pc which i need it
by baboo_1 / September 26, 2009 2:35 AM PDT

i hope will help me to find out a software what i need to update my drivers.
thanks

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET's Tech Minute

Top 3 news reading apps

With the latest tech, getting news delivered to your phone is easier than ever. Here's a roundup of apps that are customizable and useful for getting the news.