Photo Editing & Graphic Design

General discussion

Create Photo DVD

by jwc7 / November 6, 2009 6:15 AM PST

All I want is a simple program that will allow me to take my digital photos from my latest vacation and put them on a DVD that I can take to the homes of friends and family to display them on their TV set. I don't really need any photo editing software, as I use photoshop.

I used to lug around my slide projector and screen, but with my digital camera, this is no longer an option. Just sending jpeg's via e-mail isn't the same.

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Create Photo DVD
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Create Photo DVD
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Nero will do it
by RCF_Rose / November 7, 2009 11:14 AM PST
In reply to: Create Photo DVD
Collapse -
I have Nero...
by jwc7 / November 8, 2009 11:03 PM PST
In reply to: Nero will do it

...but if I remember correctly it seemed like a very convoluted methodology. Also, it seems as if it didn't work very well on TV's, only on DVD players in your computer. Please let me know if I am incorrect.

Collapse -
Shows on my DVD/TV
by RCF_Rose / November 11, 2009 8:41 AM PST
In reply to: I have Nero...

I just created a short slide show using Nero and it plays just fine on my DVD player connected to the TV. The DVD player is a Panasonic conbination DVD and VHF recorder/player.

It really is not difficult to create using Nero, did you look at my screen shot? Once I've selected the pictures I want I pretty much just click through all the rest of the screens, skipping all the bells and whistles, until I get to the Burn button.

However, I have read where people did have problems viewing a slide show created using Nero. All I can say is try it.

@
\)/
Rose

Collapse -
Type of Disc
by jwc7 / November 11, 2009 11:26 PM PST
In reply to: Shows on my DVD/TV

Did you use +R or -R discs? I've heard that sometimes this makes a difference.

Collapse -
I used DVD+R (Sony)
by RCF_Rose / November 12, 2009 11:26 AM PST
In reply to: Type of Disc

@
\)/
Rose

Collapse -
Here is another program
by RCF_Rose / November 12, 2009 11:32 AM PST
In reply to: Type of Disc
Collapse -
My Favorite
by Jerry W G / November 13, 2009 8:50 AM PST

I use Google's Picasa. It's easy to make DVDs, CDs and post to the web. It's a great all around program, especially if you have a lot of pictures...or not.

Collapse -
Here's 2 that I use,easy and are what I needed
by glenijoy / November 13, 2009 11:55 AM PST

Hi, if you look at FastStone Image Viewer it sounds like just what you want. It's free and can be downloaded from here, CNET,com, or the other one I use I paid for( A real discount though)and that is Ashampoo Slideshow StudioHD. I actually got the free Ashampoo slide show but decided to get the HD because I can burn it straight to dvd from the application.No need to do the slideshow, then open a burning app and add the file to burn etc. It's so easy. The free one does the same thing except you make the slide show and save it then burn it to dvd. Both Faststone and ashampoo can be played on a tv or pc. Here are the links:
FastStone, just get it from here at cnet in the downloads,
Ashampoo is: http://www2.ashampoo.com/webcache/html/1/prod_overview_2_AUD.htm

You can read all about it there so you can decide or not.
I'm sure both apps will have several file type for you destination.(what you want the files to be ie, avi, .mov, to DVD etc)
Hope this helps. I got the Fastone because of the good reviews about it on cnet.
Regards Glenda

Collapse -
Create Photo DVD
by mrdavidbishop / November 13, 2009 6:14 PM PST

I use Picasa 3 from google, you can easy create DVD's or upload your albums to web albums and then send liks to share with friends and famaily.

Collapse -
thanks
by dempseyfilmgroup / November 16, 2009 7:42 PM PST

thanks

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.