LG forum

Resolved Question

Country settings on a LG Smart TV

by BobiSmart / December 21, 2012 6:55 PM PST

Hello there Happy
I recently bought LG Smart TV 32LS 570S and I can't access my account because I'm located in Macedonia, the settings on the TV are localized to this location and my account on www.lgappstv.com is set to United Kingdom, because there is no option to select other country. The choice is narrow, there are only several european countries. On the other hand, on my TV in settings, countries available are only few, and none of them are available when creating account on www.lgappstv.com

Help please Sad

BobiSmart has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer »
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Country settings on a LG Smart TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Country settings on a LG Smart TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer as chosen by BobiSmart

Collapse -
This is for LG to tell.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 22, 2012 12:35 AM PST

Since such settings if there are such have the person fixing it in a service menu, one wrong entry and the TV is toast.

Thanks for sharing this as I thought regionalism of TVs might be a bad idea.
Bob

Collapse -
Solved
by BobiSmart / December 22, 2012 1:05 AM PST

Actually I've created new account directly from my TV and now everything is ok Happy

Collapse -
(NT) Good to know.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 22, 2012 1:08 AM PST
In reply to: Solved
Collapse -
How?
by mpoxama / January 2, 2013 6:35 PM PST

Hello guys,

completely new with Smart LG LM 660S..I am located in Bulgaria and have similar problem...Why countries should be limited at all???

i.e. continents maybe, but countries...Why Should functionalities be different...

And Actually my question is how can I create new account and change location?

Even that it sounds stupid to me to search for fu...workarounds after paying same or probably higher price for the TV???

Thank you for your answers!

Best
Mitko

Collapse -
How?
by mpoxama / January 2, 2013 9:52 PM PST
In reply to: How?

Sorry, didn't get it?

Collapse -
Politics.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 3, 2013 12:51 AM PST
In reply to: How?

If you can understand politics and more you begin to see the issue. Let's say I set my region to USA and I'm in Canada. The laws differ (this one I know) about the news and what's in the court (pending cases, underway, etc.)

So even on the same continent, google, TV makers have to buckle to the government pressures and laws.

This seems to enrage folk that want an open world of information.
Bob

Collapse -
New
by mpoxama / January 3, 2013 2:50 AM PST
In reply to: Politics.

Thanks Bob!

didn't expect it is so trivial and political.... Shocked

but even in this case Bulgaria is EU, like the other 80% of countries in the present list and remaining 20% will be in near future Wink

Thanks for your time!

Mitko

Collapse -
LGTV
by Lilianwrighttownsend / January 1, 2014 11:56 PM PST

Please may I know how u created a new account?I am having the same issues here.the LG tv I have here has been set to work only in European countries and I am in the states.What do I do?

Collapse -
pomos
by danaxaj / May 22, 2014 10:00 PM PDT

imam ist problem?

Collapse -
Answer
pomos
by danaxaj / May 22, 2014 9:25 PM PDT

zdravo slucajno go najdov postov imaam ist problem ke mi pomognes kako go resi?kako da napravam smetka na tv?

Collapse -
use bing or google translator
by James Denison / May 22, 2014 11:40 PM PDT
In reply to: pomos

Non English post are usually removed. Rough translation of Macedonian Russian is;

Hello ************** I know the same post gave me a problem like others. like what TV? what sort of devices are
on the TV?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.