Forum Announcement

Please don't panic! You are not in the Twilight Zone, you are experiencing the new CNET forums platform! Please click here to read the details. Thanks!!

Speakeasy

General discussion

Could this be the answer to the fictional "fiscal cliff"

by Ziks511 / November 15, 2012 / 8:09 AM UTC

that Warren Buffet says isn't a problem.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/bp-expected-admit-criminal-misconduct-2010-spill-032423974--finance.html

"BP Plc is expected to pay a record U.S. criminal penalty and plead guilty to criminal misconduct in the 2010 Deepwater Horizon disaster through a plea deal reached with the Department of Justice that may be announced as soon as Thursday, according to sources familiar with discussions.

"Three sources, who spoke to Reuters on condition of anonymity, said BP would plead guilty in exchange for a waiver of future prosecution on the charges.

"BP confirmed it was in "advanced discussions" with the Department of Justice (DoJ) and the Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC)."

Thank God Obama is the President because the odds are Romney would have given them a pass, and allowed further dangerous and unsafe drilling in ever deeper waters. (Obama has allowed further drilling in deeper waters, despite suggestions to the contrary here.).

The issue is: do you let Corporations get away with activity which would be criminal if perpetrated by an individual? In Reactionary Rebarbative Republican--land, that would be a given. Nothing can be allowed to interfere with business turning the Earth into a toxic waste dump. Maybe interstellar travel is closer than we think, and the extremely wealthy are fixing to move.

Rob

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Could this be the answer to the fictional "fiscal cliff"
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Could this be the answer to the fictional "fiscal cliff"
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) A few hundred Billion $ fine would look nice on the books
by JP Bill / November 15, 2012 / 8:19 AM UTC
Collapse -
If you think
by TONI H / November 15, 2012 / 9:02 AM UTC

that any fines on any corporations go towards paying down the debt/deficit, you're crazier than the loons that watch you spend your time fishing.........it's just more 'new found money' for the Dems and liberals to spend (sorry........invest).

Collapse -
RE: you're crazier than the loons that watch you
by JP Bill / November 15, 2012 / 9:55 AM UTC
In reply to: If you think

you're crazier than the loons that watch you spend your time fishing

There are more loons that recommend I go fishing, than loons that have watched me spend my time fishing, since I haven't been fishing in 20 years.

You and James have recommended I go fishing a few times now haven't you? Not calling you 2 loons or anything.

Nothing wrong with being a Loon...we have lots of them up here...They are also found on our 1$ coin...known affectionately as a "Loonie". The $2 coin is called a "Toonie"

So If I call you and James a couple of Loonies...don't be offended. It's a term of endearment. I LOVE money...

Collapse -
First, of course I know, I was being ironic. It's money for
by Ziks511 / November 15, 2012 / 1:55 PM UTC

the Government, not for the Democratic Party, and they'd have to get some legislation passed over the Republican Roadblock.

"Do you have Irony Deficiency Anemia? We call it Tired Brain. Take Geritol and feel smarter in a jiffy."

Remember those old ads?

"And remember, Geritol spelled backwards is Lotireg."

Actually that was for a laxative? called Serutan. "And remember Serutan spelled backwards is Nature's."

Rob

Collapse -
Oh, and Toni, I'm a depressive, not crazy. I take my meds.
by Ziks511 / November 15, 2012 / 2:03 PM UTC

And I don't fish, haven't in 40 some years. Too busy not getting my PhD. And I like loons, they're beautiful and an ancient family of birds, older than any other Species of birds in the world. To me Canada, is many things, but one of them is the call of the loon at evening on the lakes of Northern Ontario. It's a great sound, and then the Whipoorwills take over. Magic. Of course this can all be found on the lakes of Michigan and Wisconsin and probably all across the northern US that aren't over-developed.

Rob

Collapse -
(NT) My reply was to JP not you
by TONI H / November 15, 2012 / 3:28 PM UTC
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 45,842 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,052 discussions
icon
Tablets 1,149 discussions
icon