HDTV Picture Setting

General discussion

Could anyone please help w/settings for Samsung UN55ES7100?

by jlevander1980 / August 10, 2012 6:27 AM PDT

Hello everyone,

This site sure comes highly recommended and I've spent WAY too much time on here at work, already today Happy

I've searched for my model # with no such luck and was wondering if anyone could suggest some settings for my new TV?

Tonight is the 1st time I'm going to have the time to sit down and really get familiar with this set so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction!

I found settings for a different 55" Samsung, but am unsure if settings like this are very specific to each TV or not.

Thank you in advance if you're able to help and I'm happy to be a part of this community and looking forward to interacting with you all!

Sincerely,

Jeffrey L.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Could anyone please help w/settings for Samsung UN55ES7100?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Could anyone please help w/settings for Samsung UN55ES7100?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
samsung video sdttings
by billyhurricane / August 13, 2012 3:30 PM PDT

I too have the same set with the same questions. Pretty surprised that i could not find out more. Did you have any luck? thanks

Collapse -
x2
by jrmcgill25 / November 21, 2012 6:42 AM PST

I also need the settings for this TV I can't find a full list anywhere.

Collapse -
Calibration
by BeanSquak / November 30, 2012 3:18 PM PST

Just ordered mine of this model on Tuesday... looking forward to it reaching my living room on Sunday!

I have been researching and found this:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1414638/official-samsung-unxxes7100-thread/630

I will give the two a shot. I also downloaded a calibration DVD (don't have the link handy) but I will let you all know how it goes. If anyone tries some of these, please post your take on them.

Collapse -
Settings
by NoodlesNY / December 25, 2012 11:18 AM PST

I just got the TV for Christmas and I cant find any settings for this TV. But what I have notice is that getting the latest HDMI Cables for 3D TV's make a huge difference. Make sure your HDMI cables are new and support 3D. I recommend Media Bridge from amazon, they're only $10.00 and work great. Also do not get thick heavy duty cables for this TV, they pull on the connection and can damage HDMI plug very easily. Also give auto dimming a chance, less brightness is easier on the eyes and give you a better picture when showing dark colors.

Cables Info: Mediabridge FLEX Series - High Speed HDMI Cable With Ethernet - (6 Feet) - Category 2 Certified - [Supports ETHERNET, 3D & Audio Return Channel]

Collapse -
New Set Up for 3 x LED TV's and Laptop - HELP Please
by lordroger / December 31, 2012 1:01 AM PST
In reply to: Settings

Hi
I don't really know where to ask this question but hopefully someone will see it and be able to help me. I am trying to set up a new 'video system' for our church, basically a Powerpoint presentation run on a laptop and shown on 3 LED TV's. There is no requirement for normal TV channels or the internet.
Due to the distance from the laptopto the TV's I was hoping there may be a wireless solution if I buy DLNA TV's with Lan connections? Or if I have to use cables, can I use Cat 5 with HDMI convertors as this is smaller and easier to conceal plus the HDMI cables would need to be over 30 mtrs long.
Any help would be much appreciated but please keep it simple, this is not my field of expertise.

Many thanks and Happy New Year to everyone

Collapse -
UN44ES71100 with Dish Network: Picture cropped
by tlclifton / January 4, 2013 2:08 PM PST

I have the problem of not seeing all of the picture on the sides. I know that different channels have different resolutions but I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong on the settings. I have the Dish hopper box which has the "1080p/1080i" option and the 16x9 aspect ratio option. When I set those values and then go into the Samsungs settings ( Screen Adjustment --> Picture Size and select the "16:9 " value the picture is 'too big' for the screen. ie. the bottom and sides of the picture don't show. It's like watching cable news and not seeing the ticker or the text on the sides of the screen.

Is there a fix for this ? The best I can do is select 4x3 aspect ratio to see more of the picture.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.