Speakeasy forum

by TONI H / February 20, 2013 8:03 PM PST

has almost literally gotten a free pass from this administration, even though he's one of the biggest 'fat cats on wall street' that BO speaks up against all the time. He's a huge fund raiser for BO, but is that really all that's needed?

He tanked IMF and 'lost' $1.5B of investors' money with most of it still unaccounted for. Has recently started proceedings to start up a new hedge fund (are you freaking kidding me?) as if he could find anybody on this planet who would trust him with a buck.

Only in the last week has there been two people making an attempt to ban him for life from Wall Street (which would tank his hedge fund project), but where is the liberal media on all of this? Nowhere to be found.

Is ANYBODY connected with this administration EVER going to be held accountable?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Corzine
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Corzine
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
According to this article...
by Josh K / February 20, 2013 10:14 PM PST
In reply to: Corzine
Collapse -
More of the same
by TONI H / February 20, 2013 11:10 PM PST

excuses for not going after him........no accountability.........off the hook free pass. And what about the people who DIDN'T recover their losses? Just because MOST have, doesn't mean they ALL did. And where did that money come from? Was the original $1B actually FOUND or was it repaid from current profits?

Accountability doesn't happen with this administration, Josh, and you know it. Nobody ever pays a price. Even Jesse Jackson Jr and his wife, although pleading guilty to stealing funds have seen total silence on the left. Did you know that the liberal media doesn't even put that "D" after his name when they DO report anything about him..........while they have trashed every Republican in a scandal with that "R" every time, making sure that the public knew they were Republican politicians.

Where is the outrage from the left? Why is his father so silent about his son's behavior?

Collapse -
Here's an article from CNN.....
by Josh K / February 20, 2013 11:51 PM PST
In reply to: More of the same

.....which clearly states that Jesse Jackson, Jr. is a Democrat.

As usual, you're making accusations against "the liberal media" that aren't true.

Are you as outraged that the head of AIG didn't go to prison? Obama was asked about that shortly after his first election. He explained that as much as he'd like to see the perpetrators of the financial collapse prosecuted, one problem was that technically they hadn't violated any laws. Many of those laws have since been changed (Wall Street Reform, which I'm guessing you opposed). I don't know whether Corzine's actions took place before or after those changes were made.

Collapse -
So, you have a link to ONE LSM
by TONI H / February 21, 2013 12:21 AM PST

story identifying Jackson Jr as a Dem......what about the thousands of others that don't?

As for AIG, I don't know what kinds of charges 'might' have been brought for prosecution since technically they hadn't committed any crimes. As for Corzine.....to have over a billion just freaking disappear and never show back up even up to day......??????????? Come on, Josh.

No accountability with this Administration........ not Holder (who got let off the hook by BO) over Fast and Furious and, in fact, NOBODY regarding F&F, not ANYBODY regarding Benghazi (not even the ones who actually committed the murders nor has anybody allowed access to the witnesses NOR their statements regarding the attack), not Corzine who was a major fundraiser for BO, NONE of the 'green energy' companies that milked billions of taxpayer money and never produce a single product before closing their doors, not BO himself for making sure that none of the Benghazi stuff was an issue during the campaign, nobody in the liberal media calls BO on the carpet for his lies (bragging about GM but never mentioning that they still owe the people billions of dollars), talking about going after the 'fat cats' and having a job council headed up by GE who shipped almost all of their jobs overseas and paid NO taxes, and 'flipflops' (rather they allow him to reverse himself and call it 'evolution'). The list goes on forever with this jerk.......

Collapse -
Thousands? Really?
by Josh K / February 21, 2013 1:41 AM PST

Then you shouldn't have any trouble finding one or two with that many out there. And that one "LSM" (really, quoting Sarah Palin? How sad) is one of the largest news outlets in the world.

OK, tell me which laws Corzine broke. Again, not defending the man, just want to know how he's different from the others.

Collapse -
Still waiting for those thousands of media outlets....
by Josh K / February 21, 2013 11:44 PM PST
In reply to: Thousands? Really?

.....that intentionally withheld the fact that Jesse Jackson, Jr. is a Democrat from their reporting.

Collapse -
When you give me more than one instance
by TONI H / February 22, 2013 12:02 AM PST

where they haven't, let me know.

In the meantime, have you considered the fact enough to comment on it that there is still no accountability with anybody connected to this administration, which is the original post? Or is it still easier for liberals to deflect and divert in order to never answer?

Collapse -
From MSNBC and the New York Times
by Josh K / February 22, 2013 12:23 AM PST
Collapse -
and you may now comment
by TONI H / February 22, 2013 2:23 AM PST

on how this administration contacts and connections have no accountability......which was the original subject.

From your nbc link: >>Jackson had been a Democratic congressman from Illinois from 1995 until he resigned last November.>>> one sentence buried more than half way down the story as a lead in to a paragraph that never again mentioned anything that could even hint at the fact that he is a Democrat. A seven year term and not a mention of his record or anything else that he might have been able to brag about as accomplishments.

To their credit, the New York Times actually described his downward spiral from the posterchild politician with a bright future into corruption. I didn't see anything like this before from liberal rags.

What NBC did was pretty much what my complaint was....the liberals were sweeping this guy under the rug politically by not mentioning anything about his career and connection with the Dem party. They've done the same thing with Charlie Rangel and Barney Frank and that whacked out black female from the House Maxine Waters.

Collapse -
So that would be a NO on living up to your stated bargain.
by Ziks511 / February 23, 2013 8:47 PM PST

of Thousands for 4 or more Main Stream sources contradicting your delusions.

Now you requiire more than the sources, you want us to explain things we can't possibly know about to your satisfaction (there's an impossibility) and then you'll offer up your fictitious thousands which we already know you can't do.

Just give it a rest. Nobody needs fertilizer at this time of year. Call me in May or June, maybe we can do a deal. Well rotted, mind you. None of that wet stinky stuff which burns the plants.

The reason, not that I think it will make any difference.
Jackson wasn't listed as a Democrat because he was not serving in a political office at the time of the article, nor was he running for anything, he had resigned in disgrace. That's why it wasn't mentioned. It's a common enough journalistic convention which I learned watching the 1956 Republican Convention, I'm surprised you haven't noticed before, but then a lot of your mistakes assumptions, opinions and beliefs surprise me, and not in a good way. Should you see an out-of-office Republican Politician, I doubt his afilliation would be mentioned. It certainly wasn't for Newt-boy last time I saw him.

Collapse -
You call this
by TONI H / February 23, 2013 10:27 PM PST

'resigning in disgrace'? He resigned according to official letters because of his 'health' and wouldn't have according to this article in the NYTimes.

The Chicago machine just kept on rolling and Jackson was one of those, like Blago, who believed it would protect his sorry assssssss because 'they knew where all the bodies were buried' (a Blago statement paraphrased by me from a while back). Is there anybody who comes out of Chicago with integrity and morals?

BO, Emanual, Axelrod, Blago, Jackson, Jarrett, et al

Collapse -
As I said
by TONI H / February 23, 2013 11:34 PM PST
In reply to: You call this

there doesn't seem to be ANYBODY from Chicago that can be trusted.

Collapse -
RE: As I said
by JP Bill / February 24, 2013 4:04 AM PST
there doesn't seem to be ANYBODY from Chicago that can be trusted.

And then you went on to list of names....(I'm guessing none are Republicans...was it a good guess?) NO Republicans?

Your own LSM?

They were the first names that popped into your head, it wasn't anything against Dems?
Collapse -
Yes, JP
by TONI H / February 24, 2013 4:18 AM PST

those are the names that popped into mind immediately......not MY fault that they are all Democrats/liberals. As for the name YOU provided, along with the convict and a few other Republicans that have 'history' issues, as I see it, none have won any election have they? Do you remember the imprisoned convict that ran against BO and very nearly won that election is West Virginia recently?

Collapse -
RE: none have won any election have they?
by JP Bill / February 24, 2013 4:25 AM PST

IF/WHEN they don't win, it's not because the Republicans aren't trying to get them elected.

Collapse -
JP....And how many whackjobs,
by TONI H / February 24, 2013 5:04 AM PST

liars and crooks have the Dems supported and pushed to a win? Do Elizabeth Warren, Jesse Jackson, Jr, Barney Frank, Charlie Rangel, Pelosi, Reid, Maxine Waters, and BO ring any bells with you?

There are plenty to go around over time on both sides, but for some reason, you only see one, right? But, sooner or later, they fall.

Collapse -
RE: There are plenty to go around over time on both sides
by JP Bill / February 24, 2013 5:33 AM PST

And I won't say anything bad against Obama....and you'll curse the Republicans?

Collapse -
by TONI H / February 24, 2013 6:09 AM PST

>>>>And I won't say anything bad against Obama....and you'll curse the Republicans?>>>

Please point out even ONE post of yours in over four years where you have EVER said anything bad about BO, and I'll find at least one Republican that I can complain about. Cursing wouldn't be the word I would use........unless YOU can actually curse BO.

I won't hold my breath waiting on you because I honestly don't think you can hold up your end.

Collapse -
RE: I won't hold my breath waiting on you
by JP Bill / February 24, 2013 11:13 AM PST

Collapse -
JP, You have turned into
by TONI H / February 24, 2013 8:39 PM PST

someone to be pitied........you see me as a tormentor and now you are hoping I will hold my breath long enough to end the torment. (shaking head here)

Collapse -
RE: You have turned into someone to be pitied
by JP Bill / February 24, 2013 9:23 PM PST

IF you held you breath until your face was starting to turn blue...THEN, I would have made a derogatory post about Obama. I wouldn't want to lose you Toni...

Collapse -
(NT) Canada is not big enough for JP
by James Denison / February 24, 2013 10:24 PM PST
Collapse -
RE: Canada is not big enough for JP
by JP Bill / February 24, 2013 11:10 PM PST

Sure it is...that's where I am right now... IF i went outside...I wouldn't see another person.....I could throw a rock in any direction...I wouldn't hit a person....where do you think I am? Amurica?

Last time I was in the states...the guard at the border asked if I was leaving anything in the states besides my money? Come on down....bring money...everyone is welcome here. We love you.

What are you doing making posts in Canada?

At least I'm not too big for my britches.

Collapse -
Is George Bush still a Republican?
by James Denison / February 24, 2013 2:56 AM PST

I don't think he was elected to be a Republican, but to be a governor, then a president. I suspect Jesse Jr wasn't elected to be a Democrat either. Getting your horses hitched up backwards?

Collapse -
Still waiting for.....
by Josh K / February 24, 2013 11:05 PM PST

.....those "thousands" of news outlets that intentionally withheld Jackson's party affiliation from their reporting due to their bias.

Collapse -
You won't get a link, they're all in her head. I don't
by Ziks511 / February 23, 2013 8:26 PM PST

think the internet goes there. I'm not sure anything much does.

And how could anyone FORGET that Jesse Jackson Sr. or Jr. was a Democrat?

They generally only include political afilliation for people actually serving in the State Legislature or Congress or the State and Federal Senate, or running for it. Last time I saw Newt Gingrich excoriating Obama, there was not party affiliation indicated, not that one was needed. No matter how you cut it, everybody knows already. It's all more smoke and mirrors claiming conspiracy where none exists. It's not merely a lie, it's a boring lie.

I'm sure that there are dozens if not hundreds of Wall Street types who should be investigated for their part in the debacle. And I can't really offer any reason why they weren't unless iit was the size of the disaster and a fear that instability would breed further erosion of confidence. But all of the legislation for the Bail out was done under Bush. All those terrible things like TARP? Bush. It does explain why there were no strings on the money, like No Bonuses to be paid out of Tax Payer Funds. .

Certainly they went after the people behind the Savings and Loan scandal under Clinton which at least indicates that Democrats are inclined to try to nail culprits, the vast majority of whom were Republican supporters like Charles Keating. Though John Glenn sadly took some of their money. Do you actually think Wall Street votes Democratic. They may contribute to campaigns, but their hearts are entirely in Bush Territory, because he understands their fear of a serious Democratic resurgence, and the possibility that taxes will go back to 60's or 70's pre Reagan levels. Remember the guy who got between Cheney and his wallet? Face full of birdshot. Well, not exactly, but it's a good illustration.

Collapse -
How could anyone forget
by TONI H / February 23, 2013 8:37 PM PST

How about the liberal rags forgetting to mention that Corzine was a heavy fund raiser for BO during this past election and got a free pass on the $1 BILLION that went missing from his own company? How about how they forgot to mention that Joe Biden said that Corzine was the 'go to guy' for financial advice?

Again.......I ask.........when is ANYBODY connected with THIS administration ever going to be held accountable? Not one person has in over four years, and it doesn't matter to them one whit that Terry's family is STILL waiting to find out why their son was killed on the border with guns THIS administration allowed and ENCOURAGED to go into Mexico. As far as this administration is concerned that case is over and done with because they are now burying Benghazi and that case has effectively let Terry's case get buried away from the 'fog' (another Pelosi quote)

Collapse -
by JP Bill / February 21, 2013 2:42 AM PST

Are you now saying that ONE LSM is different than another LSM?

All this time you've been saying ..They're ALL the same.

As I've said before, you're all over the place......

Jesse Jackson, Corzine, accountability, Holder, Fast and Furious, Benghazi, murders, witnesses, statements, fundraiser, GM, GE, jobs overseas, NO Taxes, flip flops and Evolution

The list goes on forever with this jerk.......And YOU pack it all into ONE 8 line paragraph.

AND you're NOT on a rampage.

Collapse -
I put it all into one paragraph
by TONI H / February 21, 2013 6:21 AM PST
In reply to: RE: ONE LSM

to make the list easier for you to understand, JP. Glad it helped. And the word is RANT not RAMPAGE.

And neither one of you addressed NON-accountability issues with this administration.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.