Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

copying mpg files to cd/dvd

by hpdHelper / December 10, 2007 1:38 AM PST

I do a lot of work with digital imaging and have been given my first assignment dealing with a digital video recording I have been asked to copy an mpg video to a cd/dvd. The mpg is 968 MB. This file has to fit on one disc. How on earth do I go about this? Is there a way to reformat and compress the file?

Thanks for any advice.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: copying mpg files to cd/dvd
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: copying mpg files to cd/dvd
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
That fits on DVD just fine.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 10, 2007 2:32 AM PST

Was there some detail left out in your post?

Collapse -
Editing/burning
by hpdHelper / December 12, 2007 9:41 PM PST

I guess there was really two questions. How to burn and how to edit. Ended up purchasing a new DVD burner for my computer that works great and was finally able to burn the entire video to DVD but was not able to edit it. There was a lot of garbage at the beginning and end of the video that we wanted cut out. I should mention that this video is directly from the hard drive of an in-car police video camera. I'm contacting the manufacturer to see if there is a setting in the camera that needs to be changed. Otherwise I can burn other videos OK, VHS to DVD, 8mm to DVD, you name it. This is the only digital video camera we have right now but within the next year all the others will be replaced.
Any reccomendations for easy video editing software?

Collapse -
For easy I suggest an Apple Macintosh.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 13, 2007 2:31 AM PST
In reply to: Editing/burning

There are many great video editors out there. For the PC and Windows I like Sony Vegas.

Bob

Collapse -
video editing
by hpdHelper / December 13, 2007 3:02 AM PST

Thanks, I'll check into that.

Collapse -
DVD
by Noizxland / December 11, 2007 5:24 AM PST

Burn it to dvd, it is inexpensive.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Forums

Looking for tech help?

Whether you’re looking for dependable tech advice or offering helpful tricks, join the conversation in our forums.