Audio & Video Software forum

Question

Converting .tir to .mp3

by Justin112233 / January 23, 2013 1:53 AM PST

Does anyone know a program to convert a .tir file to .mp3?

Thank you

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Converting .tir to .mp3
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Converting .tir to .mp3
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
PS. When asking this, always tell more.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 23, 2013 2:14 AM PST

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
If I didn't google it.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 23, 2013 2:02 AM PST

I would do this just like I do for all content I can't find a convertor for. Which is AUDACITY.

I can play it and Audacity can re-record it.
Bob

Collapse -
TIR to MP3
by Justin112233 / January 23, 2013 2:17 AM PST
In reply to: If I didn't google it.

Yea it's an audio/video file that is streamed by radio stations, i will try Audacity.

Collapse -
Audacity
by Justin112233 / January 23, 2013 2:21 AM PST
In reply to: If I didn't google it.

Audacity doesn't recognize file.. says to try raw import but that's just static.

Collapse -
Did you read the supplied link?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 23, 2013 2:32 AM PST
In reply to: Audacity

And it's not a file to file conversion. You play it, Audacity re-records it. I don't want to upset you but I supplied a link and wrote...

"I can play it and Audacity can re-record it."

Collapse -
re recording in Audacity
by Justin112233 / January 23, 2013 2:40 AM PST

Ok so I play the file.. how do I set up audacity to re-record it?
Does it pick it up through the microphone or am I missing something?

Collapse -
Audacity has lots of web pages.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 23, 2013 2:56 AM PST

Basically you set it to record what you hear (or playing.)

Audacity help page is over at the audacity site but in short, you have to tell Audacity what source to record.
Bob

Collapse -
TiR
by Justin112233 / January 23, 2013 3:19 AM PST

I guess that's where my problem lies, I don't know how to play a .TIR file on my PC.

Collapse -
Link says VLC PLAYER and one more step.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 23, 2013 3:24 AM PST
In reply to: TiR
Collapse -
Video appears to walk you through it (link only)
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 23, 2013 3:27 AM PST
Collapse -
TiR
by Justin112233 / January 23, 2013 4:59 AM PST

I read all of the info you posted and watched the youtube video but none of them seem to recognize a filename change or open a .tir file.. and google isn't much help.

All i've found is that it's a Tibia Replay file and tibiareplay.com no longer exists.

Collapse -
Ahh.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 23, 2013 5:22 AM PST

Now that you changed what the TIR file is, all my replies don't apply.

And I thought it was a file extension change, not a file name change. The difference is slight but I find many users have the extension hidden.

Sorry but I've done what I could today. Maybe someone else will pick up the torch.
Bob

Collapse -
why are you so snarky?
by iskylark / September 3, 2013 1:11 AM PDT

We know you can record anything from the Mac audio, either through internal audio capture, or by connecting a cable to an external recorder. Clearly, Justin112233 was just asking how to convert a file. You said you play it and re-record it. So you didn't answer his QUESTION, then ridiculed him. So, do you have a way to CONVERT the file?

Collapse -
Yes.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 3, 2013 1:24 AM PDT
In reply to: why are you so snarky?

But to answer we have to know what the file is.

Then again we have spammers that will claim AnyAudio will do the job. Would that help?

-> I never ridiculed them but it appears they didn't ready the supplied links where the meat of the solution was.

Are you like some of the newer users I'm encountering? That is, they DEMAND support from free forums beyond sharing a link to a solution?

Some want us to tell them click by click, write out the long answer in a reply. Sorry but that would duplicate the web and add bloat to the forum.

-> My question back at you. If you can help, please do. Folk need all the help they can find.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.