Audio & Video Software forum

Resolved Question

Convert MP3 audio book to regular audio cd?

by jbtjr / February 12, 2012 1:34 AM PST

Got an audio book on a cd in MP3 format for Christmas and only have a cd player in my truck. Is there any free software that would enable me to convert the MP3 cd to something that I can play on my cd player? Maybe I can do it with my Nero 7 Ultra?
Any help appreciated...

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Convert MP3 audio book to regular audio cd?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Convert MP3 audio book to regular audio cd?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer as chosen by jbtjr

Collapse -
Nero 7 will convert to CDDA
by Ed Mead Forum moderator / February 12, 2012 4:46 AM PST

on the fly. I would copy the mp3 files to your hard drive first, then let Nero burn your audio cd from there.

Collapse -
Nero 7
by jbtjr / February 14, 2012 2:27 AM PST
Collapse -
Make Audio CD
by Ed Mead Forum moderator / February 14, 2012 6:30 AM PST
In reply to: Nero 7

Make audio cd will convert the mp3 to cdda. And as Bob said, the mp3 files can only go 80 minute. Nero will
also tell you that.

Collapse -
Nero 7
by jbtjr / February 15, 2012 9:33 PM PST
In reply to: Make Audio CD

The 84 audio files were a total of 924:03 minutes. Ouch! And I wonder why Nero loaded the last audio file first? http://www.fototime.com/5F264DA921688DB/orig.jpg
Can these files be compressed?
Over my head here & hope my questions aren't too stupid.
Thanks!

Collapse -
Re: audio CD's
by Kees_B Forum moderator / February 15, 2012 9:40 PM PST

Three options:

1. Make a data CD with the mp3's. But with the average mp3 being 1 MB a minute (easy to check) it's likely that you won't get 924 minutes on a 700 MB CD. So you would need 2 CD's at least. However, for audio books you should be able to convert the mp3 to another mp3 with a lower bit rate without losing much of the sound quality and then it might fit. This only makes sense of the CD-player in your truck is able to play a data CD with mp3's. Some are. Most aren't. The user manual will tell.

2. Burn as audio CD. Most CD-players nowadays will be able to play a burned CD. Some older won't. But you need at least 12 CD's for the whole collection.

3. Buy a player for your truck that can play mp3's from a USB stick or has the option to connect an iPod or another mp3-player.

Kees

Collapse -
You need it to be a audio cd
by Ed Mead Forum moderator / February 16, 2012 4:24 AM PST

so you need to burn multiple cds. It does not matter how much you compress (lower the bitrate) your mp3 files, the minutes stay the same for a audio cd.

Collapse -
Answer
...or Freemake Audio Converter
by KenHusveg / February 12, 2012 2:07 AM PST
Collapse -
Freemake error message
by jbtjr / February 14, 2012 2:19 AM PST
Collapse -
I wonder....
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 14, 2012 2:39 AM PST
In reply to: Freemake error message

I wonder if that is because you exceeded the usual 74 or 80 minute limit of an AudioCD?

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.