Samsung forum

General discussion

Connecting Samsung Soundbar BD8200 to Samsung TV 32B7000

by xxjane / July 5, 2010 4:42 AM PDT

Hi,

Can anyone help me to correctly set up my TV to output sound thru my Samsung soundbar.... I am really struggling.

I am trying to connect via HDMI cable and can't seem to get it to output correctly. If I insert a DVD it will display pictures on TV screen and output sound thru soundbar but if I try to watch TV it will only work if I select TV speaker to output sounds.

I have tried various set-up "tweeks" but nothing seems to work.. Is their a definitive guide anywhere that would help me ?

Also the remotes for each seem to be all over the place - I was under the impression that I could use one remote to control both devices ?

Thank You

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Connecting Samsung Soundbar BD8200 to Samsung TV 32B7000
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Connecting Samsung Soundbar BD8200 to Samsung TV 32B7000
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Connecting Samsung Soundbar BD8200 to Samsung TV 32B7000
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 5, 2010 8:21 AM PDT

xxjane,

I think what's happening here is that you're expecting the HDMI cable to send the audio back to the soundbar, if I had to guess.

The Blu-Ray plays because the audio is local. The TV isn't going to send the sound to the soundbar from the same connection. You'll need to connect an optical audio from the TV (or cable/sat box) to the soundbar to get audio sent to the soundbar from the TV.

Anynet+ will give some functionality, such as if you turn on the HT system, the television will detect that and also power on, likewise if you turn the TV off, the HT system will power down with it. The functionality can be found on the TOOLS button of the TV's remote.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Connecting Samsung Blu-Ray Sound Bar to Samsung 32B7000
by xxjane / July 6, 2010 5:03 AM PDT

Hi There

Yep - I assumed that HDMI would solve all my problems - well the salesman sold me that story !!!

I have now managed to get the sound from the TV thru the soundbar - and I am very impressed and pleased by the quality... but I needed to buy an additional digital optical cable.

Please please can you add some additional pages - like a dummy guide on how to connect etc and what additional "pieces" that may be required to purchase. I want now to connect to the internet but I believe that I need to buy an additional dongle or something or achieve this - one step at a time - that is without starting on DLNA !!

Thank you for your timely response.

Regards

Collapse -
Connecting Samsung Blu-Ray Sound Bar to Samsung 32B7000
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 6, 2010 11:44 AM PDT

xxjane,

There are How-To guides and FAQs on the Samsung.com Support site.

Here's the page for the HT-BD8200:
http://tinyurl.com/29ma656

And you can also do a search at Samsung.com/support for other Samsung products and help guides. If you do get stuck, there is also support available at 800-SAMSUNG.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.