Samsung

Question

Connecting Samsung 6420HD TV to my stereo system.

by bomartwo / August 18, 2011 6:39 AM PDT

Back of the TV has a single audio output. I put a Y connector single RCA plug into the TV and the double RCA connectors (Red and White) into my stereo receiver's input. (Same way I had my old Sony connected only it had two output's rather than one.) All I got when I switched to external speakers was a hum. Any suggestions?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Connecting Samsung 6420HD TV to my stereo system.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Connecting Samsung 6420HD TV to my stereo system.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Connecting Samsung 6420HD TV to my stereo system.
by Samsung_CE_Tech Samsung staff / August 19, 2011 3:01 AM PDT

bomartwo,

From what you have stated, it seems that you have correctly connected the TV's 3.5mm audio output to your receiver. Although I would first suggest trying to connect an optical cable from the TV's optical output to your receiver's optical input (if its available), contacting Samsung Service would be your next best course of action.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Thanks I figured it out.
by bomartwo / August 21, 2011 1:35 AM PDT

I had to have the speaker setting on standard not surround. Then there was no problem with my receiver getting the signal and ofcourse sending it to the speakers.

Collapse -
Answer
Can't find that model.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 19, 2011 4:24 AM PDT

And most of the Samsungs I see have a minijack output and not RCA for audio outputs.

Let's see if you can supply a link to that TV.
Bob

Collapse -
Thanks
by bomartwo / August 21, 2011 1:34 AM PDT
In reply to: Can't find that model.

Turns out the problem was the way I had the speaker output set. Must be standard for my type of receiver. Once I did that external speakers worked fine. Thanks.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.