Android forum

Question

Connect Adroid 4.2 (jb) to Win 8.1 via remote desktop

by Mr.Bill.08 / November 30, 2013 5:24 AM PST

I want to use my Andriod 4.2 (jelly bean) tablet to remotely connect to my home PC running Windows 8.1.

I have my PC setup for home theatre (dedicated), and I want to use the tablet to run the PC desktop (remotely) from my couch via my home network. The direction of control would be from tablet to PC (I'm not sure which is considered host/client) ..

I've downloaded the Microsoft Remote Desktop app via the 'Store' to my tablet already, but it seems I need Win8 Pro to make it all come together .. unless someone can walk me through how to connect it all using my Win8.1 version .....

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Connect Adroid 4.2 (jb) to Win 8.1 via remote desktop
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Connect Adroid 4.2 (jb) to Win 8.1 via remote desktop
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
MSFT RDP?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 30, 2013 5:50 AM PST

The last time I did this I used VNC. But setup varies with every network so it's rare to find more than a guide.
Bob

Collapse -
Full RDC
by Mr.Bill.08 / November 30, 2013 7:33 AM PST
In reply to: MSFT RDP?

Windows 8.1 (standard) only allows for Remote Desktop Assistance. Windows 8.1 Pro allows for full Remote Desktop Control and access ...

I'll look at VNC .. thanks for the suggestion ..

Collapse -
I know RDP
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 30, 2013 7:47 AM PST
In reply to: Full RDC

But that's MSFT and Android, well, MSFT has no love for that.

Collapse -
Umm ..
by Mr.Bill.08 / December 4, 2013 12:59 PM PST
In reply to: I know RDP

... MSFT ... ?? ....

Collapse -
(NT) Stock symbol for a certain company?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 4, 2013 2:12 PM PST
In reply to: Umm ..
Collapse -
I will give you a hint....
by birdmantd Forum moderator / December 4, 2013 8:58 PM PST
In reply to: Umm ..

....it is related to a thing primarily made of glass in most rooms of your house.

Collapse -
I love this game ..
by Mr.Bill.08 / December 5, 2013 1:46 AM PST

You mean .... Lightbulbs ??? .. <he says with a smirk> ...

Collapse -
MSFT and Android.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 5, 2013 1:55 AM PST
In reply to: I love this game ..

Sort of the Hatfield and McCoy story. While all this is fun, you know to not expect any co-operation.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.