After much gnashing of teeth running through the online "fixes" I finally got into the browser, IE, went to manage add ons found 3 related items, after several attempts to disable the items and a few reboots I finally got the Conduit related items disabled though they still show in the list. The same basic procedure was followed with Mozilla Firefox with the same result. This was done on a friend's Win 7 laptop. This was all done AFTER having done normal removal procedures including getting into programs and features, program files, registry etc. not to mention doing virus, malware,spyware scans non of which showed anything related to Conduit. These scans were done in both safe mode w/networking and normal windows run. The thing is that this nefarious redirect has not been deleted, as I said it is still shown as a browser add on I just got lucky and managed to disable it. One of the blurbs alluded to it being a Symantec related issue so the Norton removal tool was also run since there had been a trial version of Norton in the system, this removal procedure had no apparent effect The removal procedures that I found on the net, and I tried several, had zero effect. If anyone can figure out a foolproof way to total rid a system of this pain in the buttocks, please post the cure. As it stands I have less hair and my frustration level went into the red zone dealing with this ((*&*&*( thing.